he got himself a bowl and sat opposite her.

"i heard you on the phone with grandma last night... were you talking about my dad?" she inquired in a small tone.

her uncle froze in place as he was about to reach into his rice.

"how much did you hear?"

"just the last five seconds of the call," she replied, nonchalantly.

he let out a sigh. "yeah. your dad's been contacting me again."

"i can speak to him if you want. tell him to go away snd maybe that will make him leave you alone?"

he shook his head. "not necessary. i know how i'm going to sort it, don't worry. how was your day?" he changed the subject of the question, diving into his food.

hyerin cringed. "it was all right. nothing interesting. yours?"

amazingly, he was almost finished although he'd just started. he'd been eating as if he hadn't consumed food in a decade.

"fine... fine..." he answered between chews. "but i need to shower and do some work before bed for tomorrow so i'm going to go do that." he got up and placed his bowl in the sink. "goodnight if i don't see you." he pressed a kiss to the top of her head before walking out and going upstairs to shower.

hyerin brought her laptop back in front of her and went to get seconds, occasionally giving some to jeju on the kitchen table dangerously close to the laptop.

when she went to bed, her thoughts went to a more negative place after seeing junmin but she shook then out of her brain and told herself that she was exaggerating and things would be fine.

things were in fact not fine when she jolted awake, tears in eyes and a heaving chest followed by rapid breaths after another nightmare. another unrealistic nightmare that one of her closest friends were going to hurt her.

to calm down, she went to the toilet and drank a bit of water from the bottle she dragged around then attempted to get some sleep. it was difficult but the last time she remembered seeing on her bedside clock was 4:17am. after that, she managed to get a final bit of rest.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"you have a date?"

hyerin paused right in her spot and spun around to face her two friends.

"why do you sound so surprised?" myunghee scoffed. "do you think i'm not good enough or something?"

"no! no, no," dongmin was doing damage control. "i just," he shrugged his shoulders and scratched his head, "i don't know... who's it with?"

"some guy from another school, you don't know him."

hyerin joined them. "a date i see. where are you guys going?"

"this nice mexican restaurant that opened up a few months ago," she spoke with a radiating smile.

she'd wanted to go to that restaurant since it opened but the thing was that dongmin was the one who was supposed to have taken her there. it was something they'd both talked about before but it seemed like he was too slow to ask her.

"well, keep yourself safe and know that you can share your location with us if you want," hyerin spoke.

"what's going on? what's this meeting for?" kiya approached, crossing her arms.

myunghee faced her. "i have a date tomorrow!" she squealed.

kiya's face fell but she was quick enough to bring it back up again. "that's good! have fun and if it goes super badly then send me a text and i'll call you saying that... my boyfriend broke up with me and my hamster died or something."

"will do!"

to hyerin, the situation was as clear as day but all three of them were completely blind to each others' feelings.

<3
so sorry for the long wait! i was extremely ill and didn't have anything prewritten! stuff will begin to pick up now