Chapter 16

Jake's POV

The next morning, once I almost made it inside the school. I saw Drew standing in front of the entrance, that's strange. He doesn't usually stay there.
I approached him saying, "Drew? You don't usually wait here.."

"I was waiting for you." He muttered, creating butterflies in my stomach. Waiting? For me? Why??

"Huh? Why?"

"I dunno.." He glared at the floor.

"Is it because of what happened?"

"What do you think?"

"Okay then.. well, let's go inside, and if you need to talk I'm here, okay?"

"Okay.."

We walked inside together, Drew having his hands in his pockets and staring at the ground.
I could tell he was very upset. I just didn't know how to cheer him up. So I stayed quiet.

As we were walking, Drew stopped walking and when I stopped to ask why. He just hugged me tightly, he must have really missed Zoeys affection. If she even gave any.
But it gave me severe butterflies. I felt like I might throw up. It was nearly impsosible to even breathe. I almost squealed too, but I held it back and quickly hugged back.

It was too amazing. I never wanted it to end, but then he let go of me, crossed his arms and mumbled, "Sorry.."

I felt my face becoming hot, I quickly said, "No no it's okay!!" I probably said too quickly. I think I ever stuttered.

"I just.. I dunno."

"I get it."

We continued walking, when we made it over to Henry and Liam. They were looking at us with a strange face, "What?" I asked.

"We saw you twooo" Henry said.

"Doing what?"

"Huggginggg."

"Mhm!"

"Oh.. uh- we have a perfectly good reason for that-" I was probably blushing again.

"Okay I'm waiting to hear it." Liam said, as if he didn't believe me.

I realized Drew may not want me to tell them yet, so I glanced at Drew. He shook his head slightly. Then I looked back at them, understanding.

"Um.. we were just- happy to see each other-"

"Mhm.. okay." I could tell by the way he talked they didn't believe me. I guess it didn't matter, I am just glad I didn't tell them and loose Drew's trust.

(I have no idea what to do for the rest of this chapter so just take this bit of sad Drew and I'll leave the rest for the next chapter, I'm sorry ;-;)