Sleepover! (2000+ words)

Start from the beginning

Finney yawned as Robin shut the television off. He smirked, "You're really tired?"
"You're not?" Finney tilted his head.
"No, I am, I just didn't think you'd be tired."
"What is that supposed to mean?" He laughed.
Robin threw his hands up defensively. "C'mon, these movies are scary!"
Finney scoffed. "Maybe to wimps like you— Ow!" He jumped at the sudden strike in the arm he received from the other boy.
"Deserved," he winked. Finney's face immediately went pink.

Robin stood up. "Okay, well, I need to sleep, too, so get," he jerked his head to the side, motioning to the hallway.
"Huh?" Finney said, confused.
"Go on, I don't know what time my mom's going to be home, and she gets uncomfortable around strangers."
Finney blinked, "W-Wait, I'm not sleeping out here?"
"No, 'course not," Robin stated, as if the idea of him sleeping in his own bed was ridiculous.
"Robin, I'm a guest, I can't—"
"Yeah, you're a guest, you take the bed."

Deep down, Finney knew it really didn't matter who slept where, but he hated the thought of the boy he loved experiencing any amount of discomfort. In a moment of guilt, he blurted out, "What if both of us took it?"

Crap.

Robin paused. "What?"

Okay, this is fine. Just backtrack. Say 'Nothing,' and walk off. Simple as that. It's not complicated at all, it's one word. You got this.

"Uh..." Finney began, "well, I mean, you've got a pretty big mattress, and neither of us should have to sleep out here. I think it makes sense..."

Jesus Christ.

Thankfully, Robin didn't look upset or offended at this idea. It was hard to see what he was feeling, but he was giving Finney a look that said, 'Do you know what your doing?' And the obvious answer was, 'Absolutely not.'

"You'd really be okay with that?" Robin asked
No!
"Y-Yeah."

Suddenly, Robin's expression changed. He cracked a light smile, and looked off to the side. He seemed strangely unbothered by the suggestion, and sort of flattered. If Robin was anyone else, Finney probably would've gotten his ass beat for how gay he was being.

"Alright," was all Robin said before walking off to his room. Finney hesitantly followed, the reality of what he'd just gotten himself into sinking in.

Robin's mattress was a decent size. It wasn't full-sized, but it could fit two people, especially because Finney's so thin. Robin opened his closet door and spoke over his shoulder, "Is the comforter going to be enough?"

"Huh?" Finney looked from his friend to the bed. "Oh, yeah, it's fine."
"Cool," he nodded, closing his closet after retrieving a small, soft blanket. "Which side do you want?"
"Side?"
"Yeah, do you want to be close to the wall or on the edge?"
"Um, well, uh..." Finney rubbed the back of his neck. "I-I should probably take the wall. I turn in my sleep."

"Really? That's not something I'd expect from you," Robin said, pushing the single pillow on his bed to the wall and setting the blanket he grabbed on the outside edge.
"Yeah, I get that," he chuckled.

Robin laughed as well, and motioned for Finney to climb in while he walked towards his bedroom door. Finney complied, sitting in bed on top of the comforter. He watched Robin shut his door tight, then slowly walk towards the bed, removing his shirt.