Watching the girl do her magic caused Y/N to be captivated and Naegi to compliment her.

"You're amazing, Kirigiri san... I don't think I could ever get used to this."

"I'm sure that I have...come into contact with corpses before--"
Kirigiri replied

"Kinda like a detective?"
Y/N commented, snapping out of his trance.

An idea sprouted on Kirigiri's mind when Y/N said this, but she'll think about that later.

"No, never mind. More importantly, the door to the crime scene was blocked from the inside. This is a locked-room murder."

When Kirigiri said this, Y/N cupped his own chin and began to think.

Then he muttered something, catching the lavender-haired girl's attention.

"What is it, L/N kun?"

"Still thinking about it, let's continue investigating things for now. I'll tell you what I think later."

She agreed to this and went back to investigating.

Missing Monokuma bottles, upside down magazine, and bloodstains by the magazine shelf, and also a figurine that fell on the floor.

During the course of their investigation, 3 other people who weren't there to witness the body arrived

Togami Byakuya, Hagakure Yasuhiro, and Genocider Syo.

Seeing Genocider Syo basically confirmed what Y/N was thinking as correct.

As well as that not-so sneakily placed cup by the door that was supposed to be poison.

"O-Ogre!?"

"Oh my. Looks like she's dead."

"You heard the announcement, right?"

Togami scoffed at Kirigiri.

"Togami... Hagakure... Fukawa..."
Asahina began

"Sakura chan's killer... has to be one of you three!"

"What makes you think so...?"
Naegi asked the raging swimmer.

"You see, Sakura chan... called those 3 to the recreation room earlier."

"What's this all about?"

"The culprit has to be one of the last 3 people... The last people to have seen Sakura chan alive!!"

While the remaining students argued, Y/N slipped out of the rec room and into the 4th floor. He's confident that his conclusion was correct, but an additional piece of evidence couldn't hurt.

When he arrived at the Chemistry Lab, Y/N saw the scene and the order of sections the cabinets have.

"Huh... So I'm right. Unsurprisingly. Kinda sad though."
He whispered to himself.

Still being haunted by his mistake of not double-checking everything, Y/N went back to the rec room where the cast had split leaving only Naegi and Kirigiri investigating there.

Y/N made sure to take another look at everything before he went back to the Chemistry Lab and made sure every conclusion he made matches and is correct.

Then he heard footsteps.

"It's strange for you to be the one following me, Kirigiri chan."

The lavender-haired girl had her arms crossed as she also checked on the Chemistry Lab.

Then she turned to Y/N.

"Do you have a minute?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"What do you think? Of this entire case..."

Y/N took one last look around the lab before answering Kirigiri.

"This isn't even a murder. But someone's definitely messing around."

"I figured you'd think so too."

"......."

"..........."

"This might be the shortest meeting we've ever done."

"We both have an idea of what happened, it isn't that much of a surprise."

"Aww, that just means we go so well together!"

Kirigiri then booped Y/N's nose a little roughly before walking away.

"I'll get Naegi kun to take a look at the scene, you stay there."

Y/N rubbed his nose as he watched Kirigiri walk away. Just what exactly is happening? She seemed amused though.

Soon enough, the girl came back with Naegi in tow, and he began to look over the Chemistry Lab too.

"Yellow powder... and footprints?"

"Damn, I wonder where you got that idea."

Y/N commented, taking a very exaggerated thinking pose.

"Hagakure chan, Togami, and Fukawa chan are our 3 suspects, right?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"I see."

Then Y/N began to brainstorm in that exaggerated thinking pose of his before muttering something under his breath again.

"L/N kun?"
Kirigiri called out

"Ah, nothing. Just thinking it over again, nothing's changed. Don't worry."

After Y/N said this, he left the Chemistry lab.

"Where are you going?"
Kirigiri asked

"To my room. Let's meet up by that huge red door later."

Indeed Y/N went to his room after he basically finished up. He used his remaining time to sit on his bed and take the note he placed on the table

He spent his time re-reading the paper, and after an ample amount of time Monokuma would announce that it is time for the trial.

Y/N stood up from his bed and placed the note by the table again, before adjusting his gloves.

"Wish us luck, Taeko..."
He whispered to the note before he left his room.

The remaining survivors met up by the huge red door that only meant nothing but despair. The others stepped inside the carriage when it opened and they immediately descended to the courtroom.

When they arrived, Monokuma began to chatter about whether or not they live or die, as usual.

Y/N, instead of taking Leon's podium, he stood near Celeste's podium, but he was slightly a distance away from Togami, using Celeste's portrait as some sort of gap between them.

Kirigiri made eye contact with Y/N, and the boy responded by nodding, indicating that he was going to help.

With his help enlisted, Kirigiri turned to look at the others, confirming just how much people died.

They were there again, inside the room that would once again decide their fate.

The 4th Class Trial was about to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter for today!

Me did this while me have classes.

I almost got caught :p

-Mod Ibuki