𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞 ⚡︎ 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐧

| KINGSLEY'S DAY DIDN'T IMPROVE. not only was snape snappish and annoying in potions, he had the nerve to put her next to malfoy!

claiming that it was the only way he was going to survive the other "bumbling idiots," but she believed he just liked torturing them both.

then as if her day couldn't get any worse, both mcgonagall and sprout did the same thing. her resolve to never talk to the blond seemed to work for the day but she knew that unfortunately they'd have to work together eventually.

what a way to kickstart the year.

her only silver lining was divination with luna. because they both cared for their grades, they tried hard to pay attention to professor trelawney; but along with the other students, they both were quite drowsy by the end of the period.

"i wouldn't mind the material, if only she didn't drag on and on. i'm half asleep five minutes in!" kingsley groaned, stuffing her parchment into her book bag.

"i don't know, i like that at least one of the professors here are actually passionate about what they are teaching." luna quipped as the duo made their way down to the great hall for lunch.

halfway down the stairs, they both caught sight of the golden trio. "oh let's catch up! i've been meaning to talk to hermione about a topic in herbology." luna started while tugging on kingsley's arm.

"no, no it's okay. i'll meet up with you later." she replied trying not to sound too disappointed.

luna frowned, "are you sure? you know they like you right?" kingsley faked a smile, hoping it'd be enough to convince her friend. "yeah, yeah i mean it, i have to stop by professor mcgonagall's classroom anyway."

"okay.." luna trailed off still not totally sure. eventually she caught up to the group and kingsley stood and watched as hermione immediately brought her into the conversation.

"you're an awful liar sloan." malfoy's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and her face dropped as she continued to face straight ahead, trying not giving him the satisfaction of giving in.

"following me malfoy? one might say you have an interest in me." she mused, just to anger him.

"then they'd be wrong. i've just been so bored and thought i'd use your miserable life as entertainment." he drawled while stepping a bit closer.

kingsley took a deep breath before turning around to face him. she was met with one of his infamous stupid smirks which only caused her blood to boil hotter.

"not. the. time. malfoy." she gritted out. this made the smirk widen. "what? you can't possibly be happy? not with luna finding better and more famous friends. you don't think she's going to stay, do you? and once she does leave where's that going to leave poor little sloan?" malfoy paused, leaned in closer for full effect, and mouthed alone.

"what's it to you? no chance you're telling me this just to enlighten me. which i'm not saying any of this is true by the way. luna and i have been best friends for a lot longer than she's been talking to any big-headed gryffindors. she wouldn't just leave me stranded." kingsley bit out, and frowned as malfoy's smirk grew even wider.

choosing to ignore her question, he simply said, "jealousy's not your color sloan." with that he brushed by her and continued down the steps to the great hall.

with her curly hair now literally buzzing with angry, pent-up magic, she turned and stomped her way up to the prefect corridor.

⚡︎

after taking her lunch to curl up with indra and catch up on her latest book, she headed down to the training grounds with a much clearer mind. it helped that she enjoyed flying lessons, it gave her extra practice for quidditch. being the best chaser on the slytherin team didnt happen overnight, and despite spending everyday on her manor grounds practicing, she was itching to return to the hogwarts pitch. the only downfall was it was another part of her day she shared with malfoy as he was the slytherin's seeker. but to her delight he's never given her any shit during practice unless it was actually about an exercise.

"oi get your ass up here sloan! we only have two hours before we have to give up the pitch to ravenclaw." kingsley looked up and found marcus flint glaring back at her. not taking it personally, he glared at everyone, she gave him a two-finger salute muttering "yes coach" before heading to the locker rooms.

once she grabbed her broom, she quickly made her way onto the pitch. all of her teammates had already started practice and didn't make a scene as she discreetly made her way over to her fellow chasers. with her resolve to not let malfoy mess with her like that again, she pushed him out of her mind and tried to focus on having a successful practice. but as she began going through drills, she couldn't help but wonder how long it would it take before he crumbled that resolve.

━ ⚡︎ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑 SPEAKS
- hope you enjoyed!
- the eras tour started and
i think im going to actually
die after watching all these
videos of the show
knowing im never going 😭