ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

"𝕺h fucking hell it's like cupid threw up" Scarlette muttered as we entered the Gryffindor common room on the cheesiest, most romantic day of the year, Valentines day, finding the entirety of students here dressed up in nice, romantic clothing, p...

"𝕺h fucking hell it's like cupid threw up" Scarlette muttered as we entered the Gryffindor common room on the cheesiest, most romantic day of the year, Valentines day, finding the entirety of students here dressed up in nice, romantic clothing, pink streamers with red hearts dangling down from the ceiling, red lights flashing with the love themed music, couples all over each other, dancing, drinking or snogging.

Of course we decided to make an appearance to our boy's love party, we were only teasing them about not going. Every other Valentines day that we spent with each other, we didn't know the Marauders as properly as we did now, and I was certainly not being exceptionally close with one of them, much like Scarlette. We departed with the group after our lessons together to get ready for the night.

Scarlette looked as gorgeous as always, dressed in a red satin dress, clinging to her figure in all the right places, her brown hair pin straight and she had flawless makeup on to enhance her features. Sirius was definitely going to fawn over her when he takes a look, I knew that, she knew that, she did it deliberately. Cunning snake. Atleast she knows what she wants and how to get it.

"Come on" I laughed gently, sliding my hand into hers and leading us further into the room, the two of us immediately jumping backwards when James appeared in front of us out of nowhere with a grin on his face, dressed in a white puffy shirt and some khakis, his hair messy as usual, his framed glasses perched on his nose,

"Happy Valentines day!" He chirped, the two of us exchanging glances with amused expressions, before saying simultaneously,

"You already said the same this morning when we saw you"

"I know but it just felt right to say it again because you just arrived" He muttered, shifting the weight between his feet, twitching his nose before looking up, eyeing us up and down, "Well don't you two look lovely then"

"Always" Scarlette smirked in response when I smiled faintly, replying with the usual term people sat when they receive a compliment, "Thank you, you look very dashing"

"I dressed myself" He spoke proudly, puffing his chest out whilst gesturing to himself, Scarlette snorting at him, whilst I just grinned, "Oh Padfoot's over by the drinks table, he's been waving off gir- and she's gone. Why am I not surprised? You're going to be wanting Moony, aren't you?"

"And leave you alone on Valentines, Jamesie-deer? No, Remus can wait" I told him, nudging him with my arm, an appreciative look on his face, scratching the back of his neck before murmuring,

"I appreciate it. But no, Willow, go to him. You should be with him, he's been waiting for you and he's been bloody nervous, I'll tell you that, go and find him instead. Usual corner, i'll be alright i'll be— oh Reggie just walked in, I can annoy Reggie" He declared, squeezing my arm before wandering off towards the entrance where Regulus had indeed just walked in, my eyebrows raising at the fact i've not heard Lily, flower, valentines and date in a sentence together all day from the boy— to say he's been infatuated and completely in love with her for four years.