Touch these brittle bones

Georgie always hugged a little too tight, like Jon was trying to escape from her hold.

Her hug ran too hot for comfort. Georgie hugged too long. Jon felt as if she was trying to merge them together. He always felt bad for thinking these things because this is how she expresses affection. There shouldn't be anything wrong with hugging. In fact, he should love it. His grandmother was never big on affection of any kind, so he should cherish these hugs.

Why does it feel too hot, then? Too close? Too long? Too much?

It's nice to be around her, to simply sit next to her, with The Admiral in his laps, soft fur in his hands. An inch apart, living contently.

Jon doesn't tell her about the hugs.

He thinks about those hugs, years later, and wishes he didn't feel this cold.

Martin hugs quick and soft, with some distance still between their bodies when he does. Jon guesses it's because of the lonely marking Martin. Maybe he felt uncomfortable with these hugs but still wants to ground himself to reality. The hugs are nice, they only last around a couple of seconds and Jon can help but feel relief when they come. It's nicer since Martin is colder. Jon feels as if he wouldn't be opposed to cuddling with Martin. Both of them are getting used to touching in Scotland. Martin because of his lack of communicating, which is a shame since Martins are sociable creatures. And Jon because well, every touch has been aimed to injure him. What a pair they make.

Martins's hugs do not feel like they're swallowing him whole. It feels like a sigh, like finally letting go just for a moment. Sometimes, when Martin is out, he feels himself craving for it.

This feels nice, Jon thinks, as he feels both Martin's close embrace and the knife sliding between his ribs.