-8-

"Here." Y/N was surprised when Megumi appeared from behind her and handed her a small box. Y/N looked at him with confusion. She had no choice but to accept it because Megumi isn't really the type of guy who accepts no for an answer.

"What is this?" she asked while looking at the small box in her hand. She has an idea of what could it be but there's no way Megumi would spend that much money. Who even would spend that much money for her?

"You look upset ever since we got back from that mall. Besides having an injury, I wondered if you were upset because you didn't get that ugly bracelet," Megumi explained. He doesn't know why he had the need to say it but it's probably because he doesn't want her to think he bought it just because he wanted to give it to her.

Who cares if he called the bracelet ugly, it'll look good on her.

Y/N opened the small box with excitement but also with a bit of concern. She hesitated to smile but she smiled anyway. It's been days since they got back from the mall and her ankle is okay now. Megumi has been patient with her during their training. Y/N looked at Megumi who was anticipating her reaction. It's been raining all day but Megumi seems to be brighter than the sun.

"But- how- why-" Y/N can't seem to find the right words to say thank you that'll sound more sincere.

"Do you not like it?" Megumi asked, his left brow raised. Y/N protested. How can she not like it, he thought of her and bought her this ugly and expensive bracelet.

"Of course I like it!" Y/N shouted making their colleagues look their way. She brought the small box to her chest and smiled. A smile that made Megumi's heart flutter. He refused to look at her any longer. 

"Thank you for this, Megumi," Y/N said. She doesn't know how to tell him how much she appreciates his thoughtfulness. She'll cherish this moment forever and will keep the bracelet safe. 

"Y-You're welcome," Megumi said without looking at her. Y/N keeps looking at Megumi who suddenly became nervous. She'll definitely cook for him as a treat for buying her the bracelet. 

"What a very very very bad little girl," Y/N knew who it was but she refused to acknowledge his presence. She became uneasy but she doesn't want Itadori to feel that it was his presence she doesn't want. Y/N managed to smile despite feeling uncomfortable around Sukuna. 

How can he call her a little girl after he hurt her a few days ago? 

It's really not a surprise judging how smug Sukuna looks right now. He'll kill her and he made sure of it a few days ago. Despite the grave threat, Y/N doesn't seem to care. She knows what he's capable of and although Sukuna is unpredictable, at least she won't be disappointed in expecting from him. 

"Are you flirting with this guy?" Sukuna asked, pointing at Megumi who's talking to Itadori. Y/N hid the small box behind her but her action made Sukuna more suspicious. Sukuna laughed in disbelief. 

"I never thought Megumi has a very low standard. Oh well, birds of a feather flock together." Sukuna added. He didn't know why he said that cringe-y proverb. He liked how powerful Megumi was and probably likes it still but he's throwing daggers at him in his mind. Should he kill him with her? It's going to be a real inconvenience if he still needs to fight Megumi if he's going to kill her. 

Should he kill Megumi first?

Y/N felt her shoulders get heavier and realized Megumi had put his arm on her shoulders. She got stiff but not as much as Sukuna. Megumi leaned closer to her face and whispered.

"Wanna leave and eat somewhere? That asshole curse is probably bothering you," Megumi said that Sukuna won't ever figure out what that was. Y/N nodded and so they said their goodbyes to Itadori and left. 

"What a fucking asshole," Sukuna said. He'll definitely kill Megumi first.