Chapter 1 Too Bad

"I don't want to go to summer camp!!!!" Charmy pouted in the back of the van. "Too bad!" Vector yelled angrily. "Vanilla is taking Cream and Tails and she wanted me to help her be a counselor. So, you're going to!!" Espio rolled his eyes. "Like that actually happened." He said and crossed his arms. "What?! You sayin I'm a lier?!" Vector yelled. Espio looked out the window, emotionless. "No boss" he said. "Great, we need to pick up some people now." Vector smiled.
"Bet Vanilla 'asked' him to do that too." Charmy whispered to Esipo; causing him to grin. "I swear to god, Charmy...if you don't shut. Your. Trap. I'm not taking Saffron with us." Vector smirked and looked in the mirror back at Charmys surprised face. "You can't do that! Saffron is the only girl I talk to! Plus, she's really looking forward to this!" Charmy yelled. "Then shut the **** up!!!" Vector yelled at him. Charmy crossed his arms and pouted in the back seat.
The van had 7 seats in all. 2 in the front, 2 in the middle, and 3 seats in the back. Charmy sat in the middle while Espio and Vector set in the front. The other seats were being saved for the other people coming.

Vector approached Sonic and NOVA's house first. "Espio, you check off their names." Vector instructed and handed him a clip board. Who are we picking up again?" Charmy asked him. "Sonic, NOVA, Saffron, Tails, and Lucas. Vanillas getting the other half." Espio told him.
NOVA ran out the house and quickly threw her bags in the back of the van. "YES!!! Summer camp!!! Finally!!!" NOVA screamed. Charmy covered his antennas and cringed. "Could you keep it down? Some of us don't want to go!" He yelled as Sonic jumped in. "Lay off my sis man. This is a new experience for her." Sonic growled and narrowed his eyes.
While they all started to argue loudly Vector was slowly getting a headache. "How far is the next house?" He asked Espio irritably. "Take a left. You know if you hadn't offered to do this we'd all be back at headquarters happily watching the game." Espio told him. "For the last time I didn't-" Vector was cut off when Charmy flew up and started singing a song in his ear. "Vector and Vanilla sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!" The entire van broke down in laughter.
Vector blushed and slammed on the brakes. "One more word out you Charmy and you get put in the baby seat!!" He yelled and made eye contact with Charmy, so he'd see how much he meant it. Charmy lowered his gaze and flew back to his seat. "Yes boss" he said quietly. Sonic took a relived sigh. NOVA elbowed him and narrowed her eyes. "Be nice" she scolded him.
Vector stopped the car at Tails' house. Tails and Lucas jumped into the van and Lucas sat in the back with Sonic and NOVA. "Where's Saffron gonna sit?" Charmy asked Vector. Vector looked in the back to see if there was any room for Charmys girlfriend. "Err...she'll sit with Sonic and NOVA. You two think you can squeeze a bit over to let her sit with ya?" Vector asked them.
Sonic nodded "sure I could-" Sonic was interrupted when Lucas raised his hand. "Oh!! NOVA can sit on my lap and Saffron can take her seat!" Lucas suggested. "No way wolf!" Sonic yelled at Lucas. "You remember she's MY sister?" Sonic asked with a raised eyebrow. Lucas rolled his eyes. "Like I'd-"
"Hey!! No arguing in my van, understood?! NOVA, go sit with Lucas, and Sonic, suck it up." Vector said as they arrived at Saffrons hive. Saffron flew into the van quickly. "Hello everybody!" She said. "Hi Saffron!" Charmy smiled and hugged her. "Seat!" Vector yelled. Charmy rolled his eyes and went back to his seat while Saffron went to hers.

Meanwhile....

Vanilla was in her own van with the other kids. Rouge sat beside her since she was the oldest one. Shadow sat in the middle with Silver. While Cream, Amy, and Blaze sat in the back.
"I'm so excited!" Amy exclaimed. "I know right! I've wanted to go to summer camp for my entire life!" Cream smiled and hugged herself. Blaze smiled at them. "I'm happy we're all going together." She said to them.
Silver turned around and faced her. "Wonder if we'll be in the same cabin?" He raised an eyebrow. Blaze rolled her eyes. "Of course not! Girls cabin and Boys cabin are separated. Vanilla will take care of us, and Vector will take care of you." Blaze said with crossed arms. Silver smirked and turned back around.
"I'm gonna get her be my girlfriend one day." He whispered to Shadow. Shadow rolled his eyes. "You've been saying that since 4th grade. When are you ask her?" He asked Silver. "Already have, she said no, but she'll say yes one day! How did you ask Rouge out?" Silver asked him. "Uhm...I just did. I got flowers and asked her out." Shadow said. "Now, shut it, I'm gonna fake take a nap." Shadow said and leaned back in the chair.
Vanilla looked in mirror and smiled at her daughter. "You all should know the rules of Camp Luxury Lake. You all will be together most of the time. The boys and girls will be separated 2 of the 5 periods per day. And since we're only stating here for a week it won't seem that bad." Vanilla smiled.
"I can't wait to see my Sonic!" Amy smiled happily. "I'm gonna teach him to swim finally!" She squealed and hugged her pillow tightly. Probably imagining it was Sonic himself. "This is going to be the best WEEK EVER!!" She yelled.
"Lord! Amy shut it about the faker!" Shadow growled. "Faker?! My Sonic is NO faker! If anything you're the faker!" Amy yelled Shadow rolled his eyes.
"No fighting you two." Vanilla instructed them. "Now, as for the activities. The girls will have this in order everyday.
•Breakfast
•archery
•lunch
•arts and crafts
•gardening
•swimming
•dinner
•camp fire
•bed
The boys in similar except gardening and arts and crafts in switched with weaponry and building." Vanilla explained to them. "When we get there today we're going to start at archery." She told them.
"Are we going to eat with the boys to?" Amy asked her worriedly. "Of course Amy" Vanilla smiled. Amy took a relieved sigh. "I can't wait to get there! I wonder who gets there first?" Rouge asked the group. "Us!" Silver exclaimed. "Were totally better then those-" Amy and Blaze pinched Silvers ears. "You think Sonic can't beat us? Sonic is the best! I hope he beats us!" Amy growled. Blaze just narrowed her eyes. "Silver, if you want to die then continue talking." She whispered in his ear.
"Mom!" Cream yelled worriedly. "Kids, kids, kids, calm down and relax. There will be no violence in the van. It's a rental, and if it gets messed up then it comes out of my pay check." They all hung their heads. They didn't want to make Vanilla upset. After all, Vanilla was always so nice to them. She was almost all of their mother.
Especially to Amy. Amy never knew her parents...she was abandoned and left as an orphan. Vanilla took her in a few years ago, so she wouldn't live her dirt hut.
"Sorry Vanilla" Amy apologized. "Don't worry dears, but please be nice to each other." Vanilla grinned. "Would you all like to see the lake? It's just outside the window." Vanilla smiled as all the kids rushed to see out the window. "LOOK!! I see Vector and the others!" Cream said. She waved her hands as Tails looked over. He quickly waved and got the others to look out the car as well.
"Where's Sonic?!" Amy exclaimed and pushed the others out of her way. All of a sudden Amy's phone started to vibrate. "You brought you're phone?!" Cream gasped. "But, that's against the rules!" "Don't worry Cream, I'm gonna turn it off and give it to your mom when we get there." Amy smiled to her. "Hello? Sonic! Where are you?" Amy quickly asked and their conversation started.

Meanwhile...
Vector tried to keep his eyes in the road, but he wanted to get a glimpse of Vanilla. He sighed and hunched his back, annoyed that he was stuck driving. Espio elbowed him. "What?!" Vector said through gritted teeth. "I'll take the wheel on the way back if you want." He told him. Vector smiled thankfully. "Thank you Espio" he said.
He looked back to see Sonic talking on a phone. "Sonic! No phones allowed! Give it over!" Vector yelled. "What?! I have to talk to Amy! Give me a second man!" Sonic yelled and went back to talking to Amy. Vector sighed and rubbed his head. "I can't deal with this right now." Vector sighed and concentrated on the road.
Espio realized how stressed Vector looked, and felt sorry for his friend. "All of you in your seats!!" He yelled and them. They all were surprised at Espios outburst. Especially Charmy; Espio usually always kept his cool around him. Charmy was the first to sit down in his seat.
"I've gotta go Amy." Sonic whispered and cut off his phone. He was hoping Espio wouldn't take his phone away. He was looking forward to staying up late and talking to Amy. Unluckily for him, Espio demanded it from him. Sonic tossed it to him and slid down in his seat. Espio smiled and placed Sonics phone in the cars glove box.
Vector gave Espio a silent thank you and continued to drive. 'I can't wait to get there. Maybe Vanilla and I could have some time alone. We could talk and bond.' Vector blushed as he thought about Vanilla and himself talking in the break room together. 'Wonder what she looks like in her swim suit?' Vector asked himself. An image popped in his head and he grinned.
NOVA was still sitting on Lucas' lap. She saw Vector grinning and wondered what he was thinking about. "Lucas" NOVA whispered. "Look at Vector" she told him. Lucas caught a glimpse and he chuckled. "He's just thinking of someone special." Lucas whispered to her. "How do you know?" She asked him suspiciously. "It's the look I got whenever I thought of you." He winked at her. NOVA blushed and giggled.
Vector realized his appearance quickly and shook the image away. "Alright kids when we get there you all get your stuff and wait for further instructions." Vector told them. "Yes sir" Tails said.
Tails looked out the window again to see Cream smiling at him. He smiled back happily. He mouthed the words; 'I'm so excited.' She mouthed; 'me too.' They both smiled and giggled.
Charmy saw a Tails' smile and smirked. "Who you smiling at?" He asked him. Tails was surprised and jumped at Charmys voice. "Uhm...n-no one Charmy." Tails blushed and scratched his head. "I know you like Cream" Charmy smiled. Tails blushed and began to twiddle his thumbs.

Vector could see that Charmy was bothering Tails. "Charmy! Seat!" Vector snapped. Charmy quickly flew back to his seat, but kept starring at Tails and Cream.