Chapter One: Still Friends?

Start from the beginning

And that was true.
Kade would do whatever Cyril wanted him too, whether that was stalking someone or killing them for him, Kade had to do it.
After all, he had a debt to pay off, and it seemed to be that he was rather handy with a knife.

It was hardly midnight by the time Kade made it safely to the park he always left Cyril at, as to not let him know where he lived.

"Are there any injuries bad enough that need attention?" Cyril asked when they broke their sprint, as he always did when there was an accident large enough like the miniature explosion earlier.

"Stop babying me." Kade muttered, even if he appreciated the way Cyril tried his best to look after him. "If there was an injury like that, I doubt I would be standing right now."

"You never know, I've seen you run that stretch before bleeding from your neck, which needed two stitches if I remember correctly." Cyril reminded him, but he didn't push any further, merely nodding and disappearing past the bushes.

Kade waited until he was sure Cyril was long gone before even leaving the park, merely sitting on a bench and being on his phone for a while.
While yes it might've looked odd to the bystander that Kade was sitting on a park bench at midnight on his phone, Kade wasn't going to take any chances of someone following him to his apartment.

The last thing he wanted was for people from any gang, even the one he was apart of, figuring out where he lived.
This is also why he kept his face hidden from everyone except for Cyril.

Granted that was typically how it ran in most gangs, they kept their identities hidden, except for the gang leaders. Which naturally, that meant Cyril as he was getting ready to go through his trial to become the new gang leader after his father retired.

But that was news to dwell on later, now, it was time for Kade to get home and try to sleep.

His small hand, covered in nearly invisible scars from numerous occasions, pulled out of his fingerless gloves to fadangle with his apartment door's lock before managing to jiggle it open.

The space was pretty empty, as Kade didn't need much to live on.

There was a pretty worn mattress his parents had left behind that he slept on every night, pushed against the wall underneath the large window that made up the back of the apartment, looking over the city.

Kade dropped the small bag he kept slung over his shoulders during his nighttime shenanigans, which normally had a couple small knives in it, before he started to peel off his huge platform shoes.
The buckles glinted faintly as he unzipped the sides and pulled them off, dropping them to the ground.

  He shed his clothes as he made his way to the shower, not taking off the binders he kept around his chest until the last minute.

The scars littering his body carried hundreds of stories, even if some of them were self inflicted. One of the most noticeable ones at the moment, was a scar near Kade's hip bone, towards his stomach, that had been from a knife which left a jagged scar behind. If it had been even a centimeter deeper, Cyril said Kade probably would've died from blood loss.
The other most prominent one, was one on his lip, right under the piercing he had on his lip, a small stud that was mirrored on the other side, a pair of snake bites.

Tying the only part of his wet black and red hair that was long enough,, the very top, into a miniature topknot, Kade threw on the first clothes he could find, which was a pair of soft pants and a large tee shirt that looked more like a dress. Regardless of appearance, Kade was comfortable, and tired, so he flopped down on his mattress overlooking the city, pulling the heavy blanket over himself as he tended to get cold really easily.