Chapter 1: Revenge

Penelope was prepared for the blade of the crown prince. Before that blade could end her life, she saw her brother running towards her. She held out her hand towards him. But her world returned to darkness.

[name] cried at the loss of his sister. Sure, she was a cruel person but he loved her nonetheless.

"I hate you brother! Maybe if you weren't born, they would've never hated me. Why do they love you yet not me!?" Penelope yelled with anger in her voice. [name] was crying, not hearing anything she has to say.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me! I will get you out of here, just please forgive me!" Penelope turned her back against him.

"You traitor! You think I would be believing you? How naive are you?" [name] was interrupted by Derrick. He was here to make sure she didn't harm his brother.

"Stop talking to him! He's your brother yet you can't even acknowledge what he did for you! You are the cruel one here." Derrick held [name] close and leave with him.

"I will never forget you traitor! I hope you die a miserable death!" Penelope screamed behind them but was shut up by the guards.

[name] breaks down into tears. He will always forgive her no matter how evil she is or what she says to him.

[name] woke up with a jolt. He didn't know how but he was back in the mansion, and it was unusually quiet. He wanted to get out of bed but he felt weaker than usual.

He tried to get out of bed but he fell to the floor with a thud.

"What is happening? Why am I so weak!?"

The door opened suddenly and in came...Penelope. But didn't she die? He stared at her with wide eyes as she helped him up.

"Are you okay?" Penelope was alive. But he saw her die with his own eyes.

"What's with the question?" Penelope was confused to say the least. [name] hugged her tight, much to Penelope's surprise.

"This is very unusual of you, brother. Are you okay? Or maybe you're sick." The two sat in comfortable silence until it was interrupted by Reynold.

"It seems that the two siblings are enjoying a moment. Maybe I should leave them alone." Reynold frowned. [name] smiled at him but Penelope glared at him.

"Brother Reynold, what are you doing here?" [name] was cheery, unlike what he was a few moments ago. Reynold just rolled his eyes and smirked at him.

"Aren't I allowed to visit my own brother? Huh...I didn't know that the pink haired witch was that protective." Penelope glared at him and Reynold returned that gesture. It was awkward as they did not utter a word.

The silence was too loud that you can hear a pin drop.

But that silence was interrupted by the cough of the only uncomfortable person in the room. "Excuse me, but let's not do this here. Please take your rivalry outside." [name] said with a soft voice.

Penelope was the first to break the eye contact. She helped her brother up, which she forgot about, and poured water for him.

"The doctor was here a few minutes ago. He said to eat this medicine once a day and your fever will get better." Penelope gave him the medicine and leave the room, but not before glaring at Reynold.

"Brother Reynold, I just want to know. How long was I out?" [name] said. Reynold replied with a scoff and muttered something under his breath.

"Excuse me? I didn't quite catch that."

"A week..."

[name] looked shocked at that. He believed that this whole thing was a dream and that everything would return to the way it was, with Penelope already dead, but he didn't expect this.

He knew that someone had sent him back to save his sister. Just someone who would be willing enough to put their life on the line for a villainess.

But none were to die for the villainess. They would not give up their life for the life of the kingdom's traitor. Would they?

But someone had to take a spot for them nonetheless.

[name] doesn't want to think too much on the matter. He would look into it later as he had important things to figure out right now.

How to prevent his dear sister's death at the hands of the cruel prince?

A voice broke the train of thoughts.

"My, my, [name], don't overthink yourself."