Dazai x Reader hurt/comfort: Don't do that alone!

Tw: s**cide (basically the theme of the one-shot sooo)

Reader suffers from Cottard syndrome

Enjoy! (please let me know if I forgot any triggers, cause it feels like I did jhbfsdfd)

It happened again.

You got into a crisis and ran out of the office making everyone worry about you.

You didn't think this Y/N person deserved to be cared for but well, they probably thought listening to you was a waste of time right?

You didn't know what they found interesting about you really, you were just a rotten person in your eyes; but they tried so hard to make you see "the real you".

And you also looked for her, the agency gave you hope but she was nowhere to be found.

Every search ended in you finding yourself more and more rotten, and today you just couldn't stand it anymore.

So, after coming back emptyhanded again; you decided you had enough.

You carefully wrote a note and stuck it under your desk, hoping they'd only notice when it'd be late enough.

It was rather simple really, it didn't even reveal anything concerning but you figured they'd understand right away, after all this was a detective agency.

So, pretending you needed to leave for a mission, you ran out of the agency, tears filling your eyes as soon as you left.

But luck definitively wasn't on your side today as you randomly bumped into Dazai on your way home who was probably skipping work (again)

Uh oh, this wasn't good.

Why did he decide to skip work now of all times.

Well to be fair this wasn't very out of character for him...

But why does he always seem to slack off specifically where you are?

Couldn't he just find his own suicide place instead of constantly just picking somewhere between the agency to your place?

You brushed off your tears, hoping he hadn't noticed them yet.

"How could I deal with this without raising suspicion?"

Was a question you really didn't need to ask since Kunikida was already there about to put Dazai out of his misery.

So you planned to quickly run away while they argued back and forth for like the 6th time this hour.

But do things ever go as planned when you're apart of the Agency?

And the answer to that is a big no.

Because Dazai was already trying to use your "bad mental state" (his words not yours) as an excuse to avoid writing a report about his last mission.

God, was he really going to use that as an excuse?

Well, looks like he will.

And that really angered you, because you actually kinda liked him honestly, and you two definetively shared some traits; and you were starting to think that maybe he actually cared for your rotten self.

But well, looks like he didn't as he's litterally using you as a tool to slack off.

How nice of him. However, this doesn't seem to be working very well since Kunikida just grabbed Dazai, picked him off the floor and is screaming not very nice things at him.

Thanks for the distraction I guess?

That allowed you to discretly run away to your place without raising more suspicion than you already did. And you finally succeeded!