Chapter 14

Looking at the bus made it feel all to real. I was leaving, with dad. He agreed to getting a tryout in the Minors so that's where we were going. Everybody on the team was here, they wanted to send us off. Connie and I cried, a lot. Charlie did too.
Some of the boys were giving dad some advice. I laughed at that, how the tables turned.

I got to Adam, it's only been a week after the Championship game, but he's fine now. I hug him tight and I feel his grip tighten on me too. We let go and by this time, dad has made his way to the end of the line.

"Anything else?" Dad asks. I pick up my bag and put it over my shoulder.

"Yeah. Have fun out there coach." Charlie says, hugging dad.

"God I must be crazy. A tryout with the minors." Dad says and shakes his head in disbelief. I zone out, for a minute but was brought back to the 'oooo' sounds, to see my dad making out with Casey. I smile. They hug after and I look back towards Connie and Adam. I hug Connie again for a 6th time.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say to her, and she smiles and nods.

"Im gonna miss you too." We pull away and i go back to Adam.

"Here, i almost forgot. I made this for you." I say, reaching into my back pocket of my jeans and pulling out a black and blue bracelet. I hand it to him. He looks at it in his hand and looks back to me.

"I love it." He says and pulls me in for a hug again.

"Meeting you was one of the best things that could've happened to me." He whispered in my ear, and held onto eachother a little more.

"Y/n, you ready?" Dad asks.

"Yeah." I reply and pull away. I quickly look at Adam, and think screw it.

I step forward and give him a kiss on the cheek and walk to the bus. I get in first so I can have the window seat. Dad sits down beside me as I look out the window, tears rolling down my face again.

This is the second time I've had to leave my friends in the course of 6 months.

The bus pulls away from the curb and I watch as everybody runs after it. Fulton and Banks being in front. I turn and lean my head on dads shoulder.

This will be an adventure, i think to myself. An adventure to say the least.

 An adventure to say the least