They reached the locked data-processing room, and she expected as much that Y/N would be interested in this the most.

"Huh... I can't pick the lock on this one. There's a specific key to this that doesn't actually turn the doorknob, rather it's just automatic."

"They may be hiding something important here, don't you think so?"
Kirigiri cupped her chin while watching the broker press his face on the small glass window.

"Yeah. Most likely. The data-processing room would probably be the kicker or something."

Then Y/N ruffled his own hair, finding no way to gain access through the door without breaking any school rules.

But he wasn't really affected by this, rather... He was more concerned about something else.

"Kirigiri chan, this might be weird to ask, but... I wonder where they store the bodies of our dead classmates?"

"Huh? Why are you curious?"

"There's probably a morgue here, it can't be outside since we'd notice whoever is coming in and out of here... There's another floor after this, right? Then that might be where it is."

"What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking that the shelter plan here is more likely to be true, but the killing game was never in the plans. Someone has to have done something... If there's a morgue, people are expected to die from the get-go, but I highly doubt we're expected to go through a battle royale."

Thinking about it, it made sense. But with neither the evidence or access to prove it, they couldn't confirm it.

So in the end, it becomes merely speculation.

"Let's save that when we have actual leads, for now, let's just investigate the floor. We only have one more place to go."

"Ah, you're right. Principal's Office, right?"

Kirigiri nodded and went ahead, Y/N following closely behind her.

It didn't take long for them to arrive there, and Y/N tried opening the door at first but it didn't pry.

"Hm... Yeah this is where it probably is..."

"What is?"

"The unlocking-everything-thing... The uh... you know... the thingy..."

"The...thingy...?"

Y/N had trouble picking words for some reason, and Kirigiri could not help but raise an eyebrow and find it adorable.

He always knew what to say, so something like this was a form of gap that she wasn't expecting.

"You mean something like a “Master Key?”"

"Yeah, yeah. That thing."

"If what you say is true, then that would indeed be our second most important asset."

"Yeah, but unless Monokuma removes the rules--which is unlikely, I doubt we'd be able to get in there. I could pick the lock but because of restrictions, I can't."

"Maybe that is why he doesn't want us gaining access to it."

The two's conversation were suddenly interrupted by the Morning Announcement from Monokuma.

"Well, this has been a well-learning experience. We know that whatever is in those locked rooms would give us a significant advantage over Monokuma and the mastermind."

"Then I guess our next step is to check on the lockers."

"Might as well. Any information from it will be extremely helpful. I wonder if we could..."
Y/N put a hand on his hip before stopping himself. Whatever it was, Kirigiri is sure that it was about Alter Ego, otherwise he wouldn't need to stop himself from talking.