𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞.

Start from the beginning

Because he was absolute shit at it.

He forcefully shook the small bottle to get the formula to move around, Luna crying loudly as she pulled at her mom's shirt, being hungry even though she'd just eaten an hour or so ago. "Okay, wait, baby....here you go," Alejandro offered it out to her, squeezing the plastic to get the milk to drop in her mouth, Luna grabbing it strongly and guiding it to her mouth.

She instantly calmed down before getting comfy in Ale's arms. "You're such a little chubby baby, always wanting to eat." Alejandro pouted, pinching Luna's cheek lightly and making her side-eye him.

"Ale! Come eat!" Alejandro heard Mattia call out from the dining room, making the younger boy close the small container of formula and slide it over on the counter before going off and following Mattia's voice.

"There's a ton of verduras in that pasta and Nano's eating every bite of it." (vegetables) Mattia whispered, looking down at the younger boy who was eating his dinner like he hadn't eaten in weeks.

Alejandro snorted quietly before taking his seat, Luna still in his arms.

"I was thinking we can try giving her yogurt tonight, I read a book that said babies can start to eat solids and real food at six months. It's a little late but," Mattia shrugged, setting a small cup of vanilla yogurt down beside Alejandro, along with his plate of pasta.

"We can add fruit to it too, like a chopped-up banana or straw-" Mattia stopped once his phone started to ring.

"No phones at the table!" Nano scolded Mattia, making the older boy laugh and apologize repeatedly. "Sorry babe, one second," Mattia mumbled, his chair making a squeaking sound before he stood up and answered his phone, walking off to the living room. Probably for more privacy for whoever was on the other line.

"Mattia can use his phone all he wants and I can't use my tablet while I'm eating? That's not fair." Nano whined, making Alejandro giggle because that was one of the biggest rules in their house. Just because they wanted everyone to be present and talkative while they ate.

"He can use his phone at the table because he pays the bills Nano, when you get a job and money, you can start using your phone or tablet whenever you want." He replied, making Nano frown before they both watched Mattia come back to the dining room, going straight to the front door and grabbing his coat, slipping on some crocs.

"Hey, what happened?" Alejandro asked, turning on his chair to get a better view of the boy.

"I've gotta go, my dad said that the police got him," Mattia replied, grabbing his car keys from the small bowl beside the door.

"Who?"

"The guy who did this shit to us." Is all Mattia said before leaving.

Alejandro would have gotten up and chased after Mattia, he would have pleaded with him to not go or leave them. It was too dangerous, wasn't it? Or maybe now that the police got the guy, Mattia and the rest of them were safe.

Alejandro didn't wanna risk anything happening to Mattia. He physically couldn't.

He almost jumped up and sprinted out of the house before realizing he was still holding and feeding Luna her bottle. Maybe he could put her in her bassinet and feed her later? She was almost done with it anyways.

"Dammit..."

"Mattia said a bad word," Nano called out randomly, making Alejandro turn his head, just getting another reminder on why he couldn't leave the house without his two kids.

"Yeah...he has to put a penny in the jar..."

‼️

"Where is he?!" Mattia shouted as soon as he got out of his car, seeing his dad who was watching the whole scene unfold.