SS: A Forever Goodbye? (P-2)

Start from the beginning

She gave him a smile and nodded. "Ek baat puchu?" to which he teasingly glared her but then nodded with a chuckle "Aap kabhi mujhe chhor ke nahi jaayenge na?" "kabhi nahi." he said bending towards her. "Pakka vaada?" She asked extending her palms. It was more like consoling herself because somewhere in her heart, she was missing his scoldings which contained vitue and well being for her. But this Pati babu, his sweet talks and calm gestures seems... hollow. He looked at her palm for few seconds and then at her. She was looking at him expectantly. "Bharosa nahi hai apne Pati babu pe?" He asked with a subtle smile. She felt guilty for asking this question. She nodded in a yes.

"Bahu raaniji! Aap zara dekhiye na sab sahi se bana hai ki nahi." Bihari called her from the kitchen. "Aayi Bhaari Babu."

"Main bohot thak gaya hu Bondita, mera khaana kamre mein le aana. Theek hai?" to which she nodded with a grin. She trusts him, she shouldn't have asked this. After he went away, she entered the temple joining her hands before the idol and said with a smile "Aapne meri prathna sunn li Dugga maa! Dekha na? Bilkul badal gaye hai mere pati babu. Sahi kaha tha Manorama ji ki saasu maa ne. Jo aurat pahaadi wale shiv ji ka vrat poora karti hai, wo saat janam saath rehte hai apne Pati Babu ke. Ab dekhna, bhoj nahi samjhenge mujhe pati babu." She looked at her left arm which was inked with their names. "Mera naam humesha ke liye juda rahega apne Pati Babu ke saath. Bohot khush hu main Dugga maa. Shotti!"

Later, Bondita went towards her room, which is now finally their room carrying the tray of food for them. She informed Bihari that they will have their dinner together in the room. While exiting the kitchen with the tray, she saw Koyili decending down with another tray in her hand. Ofcourse it was for her Sampoorna Maa who has isolated herself in her room for few days. Good that she isn't present for filling her ear with nonsence and to spoil her Pati Babu's mood. 

But that doesn't mean she has not left her eyes and ears behind her. While being in her room itself, she won't be sitting peacefully that too after knowing that Anirudh is back. She has instructed a servant to keep an eye on Bondita and get her all the updates so that she could plan against them accordingly. 

Bondita got inside and saw him engrossed in a file. He said to close the door behind her after entering as he didn't want anyone to disturb them.

The next morning when she woke up, she found him sleeing peacefully on the other end of their bed. What a view to wake up to. She thought with a smile. She looked up at the clock and there! She was late! Altough he didn't scold her for anything yesterday but will definitly scold for getting late for school. 

She quickly got up and ran towards the washroom picking up a light saree from the wardrobe. Though she had few hours left for school but needed be quick for the morning veneration. Oh she had to prepare breakfast and morning beverages. Good thing that most of them were not present in the haveli. She will have to make less amount of food but still the preference for the morning beverage were different for the already present members. Coco milk for Chote Zameendar, Masala Chai for Queen Sampoorna and Cof... no no. Caapi  for him.

After preparing everything, she took the coffee to the room not before informing Bihari to arrange everything on the dining table. Probably he must be there itself. She found the room empty when she entered. Probably he must be back to his room to get his essentials. Ofcourse he will be back here. Assuming this she quickly got inside the washroom to get changed into her school uniform. 

After changing she stood near her dressing table and took a new pair of shakha pola, one which she bought during recent days when she went to buy the chamatkaari sindhoor. But due to her Pati Babu's regular ruckus, she almost forgot about this new pair. Now that their relationship has been given a new beginning, it's the perfect time to wear them. Sliding them into her wrist, through the mirror she saw her Pati Babu entering the room folding the sleeves of his magenta shirt. They exchanged a delightful smile to each other and she said "aapki caapi waha mez pe rakhi hai. Pee lijiye isse pehle ki thandi ho jaye." To which he nodded and took the coffee. 

She took the vermilion container and took a pinch sindhoor between her fingers. As soon as her hands were about to reach her hairline, she felt a hold in her wrist. She looked up and saw that her Pati Babu has stopped her. But why? Is he still having problem with it? Although after taking bath she had applied some amount of it but still she use to re-apply it some more while going to school. "Ye... wahi sindhoor hai jo tum uss din laayi thi?" He asked with a stern tone to which she nodded in a yes with her head bent down in fear. She was preparing herself for his lecture but what he did next was something totally unexpected. She felt his thumb running her hairline.

She looked up at him with a stupefied expressions and saw him looking at her with a smile. Did he just? She looked into the mirror and found the newly formed line on her partition. He bent over her shoulder looking each other through the reflection and said "Aaj ke baad main khud apne haatho se tumhare maang ko sajaaunga Bondita. Jaisa tum chahti thi." "Par aap inn sab pe vishwaas..." "Ussey koi faraq nahi padta" he intrupted her and continued "Tum bhi toh Patni honr ke saare kartawya nibhana chahti ho na? To kya main itna bhi nahi kar sakta." Tears of happiness flowed from her eyes as she heared this. No doubt those women were forcing her in all these. And her Pati Babu always use to become an obstacle. But now that he himself was taking an initiative, she couldn't help but admire him with a dreamy smile. 

"Baudi!" she came out of the trance when Batuk called from downstairs. She saw her Pati Babu was taking the coffee from the table "Aayi Batuk! Pati Babu main chalti hu warna der ho jaayegi" Saying this she wore her bag and was about  to rush when he called her "Bondita. Coffee thandi ho gayi hai meri. Zara garam kar laao." Saying this he looked back at his file.

What was that? Didn't he notice that she was getting late? "Pati Babu..." for some reason, no words were coming out from her mouth. It wasn't like he was ordering. But it didn't seemed like a request either. "Kya hua?" He asked without looking up.

"Kuch din vidyalay se chutti leke unke saath samay bita lena. Aakhir ek patni ke liye pati aur pati ki seva se bhadhkar thodi na hai kuch."

Those ladies' words ran in her ear. "Jaldi karo Bondita, mujhe kacheri ke liye bhi nikalna hai." Without uttering a word, she left her bag and went out of the room picking up the coffee. The ladies weren't wrong though, if he is trying to change himself for her, she can do anything for him. But for some unknown reason, she was feeling some burden on her heart. As if committing some crime by choosing to fulfill his requirement over her school.

"Arrey Bahu Rani Ji, aap vidyalay nahi gayi abhi tak? Hum bazaar hoke aa gaye ayr aap abhi tak yaha hai?" She saw Bihari with a shopping bag. The dining table was empty with two covered plates. "Batuk kaha hai?" "Wo toh kabke nikal gaye. Kaha ki unhe zaroori kaam se jaldi pohochna hai vidyalay. Humse keh ke gaye ki aapko dusri gaadi mein aane ke liye kahe." Koyli replied.

She looked up at the clock. Oh. She was already late. "Ye caapi garam karni thi." "Layiye hum kar dete hai. Aap jaayiye jaldi warna Barrister Babu gussa karenge aapko deri hui toh." He is right. Maybe it must have slipped out her Pati Babu's mind that she is getting late. She looked at the coffee. It's just about warming it up, right? Her Bhari Babu can also do that. "Theek hai Bhari babu, lijiye. Aur unhe naashta bhi paros dijiyega." Saying this she ran towards the car Koyili's calls to have her breakfast atleast.

She reached the school and saw that the gates were already closed. She raised her wrist to check the time but she forgot to wear the watch. There weren't any securities present near the gates to whom she could request. Tears started forming in her eyes. It was the first time she was late, that too because of... him.

Upcoming:
Sampoorna tip toed towards the study and found the translucent doors closed. She tried to peek inside but couldn't see anything. She placed her ears against them.

"So this  is how decomposition of liquid happens using electricity. Samajh mein aaya?" heard Anirudh's voice. "Haa" that was Bondita's voice. Oh! She got to hear his voice atleast. Otherwise since he came back she never saw him.

But leaving them together like this isn't a good sign for her. Now that servant whom she had hired to spy them informed her that they have started sharing a room.