十二

All the while his peers where trying to figure out why and how they kept going around in circles, Denji took the fine liberty of laying down on a cozy and warm hotel bed; snuggling himself underneath the thick, white blankets; a soft sigh escaping his lips as the back of his head hits the plush pillow.

"There's a possibility that just the eighth floor has had the flow of time stopped by a devil's ability. In that case, there probably won't be any help coming." Aki explains to the group. All of them were too stunned about their current situation, if help wasn't coming and the real devil hasn't appeared yet, what was left to do if they just keep going around in circles?

Denji, who just realized their current situation, suddenly sat up on the bed. "Do you mean we'll be trapped here forever?!" He asks, disbelieved. "We can't be trapped here forever. There's a woman I have to come home to!" He cried out before slowly laying back down on the bed.

How stupid can you be?" Arai babbled, eyebrows knitting. "We might be trapped in here forever-"

"Maybe we'll be trapped and maybe not, right?" Denji suddenly cuts him. "It's okay, even if we all die here, Ame will come for me and save me. Then I'll be able to see her." He gleefully says, before closing his eyes, humming softly. "It's such a nice bed too. It'd be a shame not to sleep on it. My regards to the devil for keeping off on the beds."

And with that, Denji is off to dreamland.

One poke.

"Denji"

Two pokes.

"Denji"

When he wouldn't wake up, Himeno dug her finger on his cheek. "Denji. Hey Denji. Time to wake up."

Letting out a sleepy groan while stretching his arms up above, a clear drool line on the right corner of his lips, Denji smiles stupidly while looking up at the ceiling. "Ame?" He calls out to her in a dreamy tone.

"No, silly." Himeno chuckles. "We're still stuck in this hotel. And only a couple of minutes passed. Or maybe hours." Himeno informs him. Causing Denji to grimace before using the sleeve of his uniform to wipe away his dried drool.

"Already found a way to get out of the eighth floor?" Denji asks, sitting up from the bed.

"Unfortunately, it's still looking hopeless here." Himeno says, offering him an apologetic smile. "But while you were sleeping, we managed to find out that electricity and water still works here. Apart from that, some guests who left their belongings have food left to eat. If we eat it by rations, I'd say we'd be able to survive by three days." Himeno offers. "Honestly though...everyone's reaching their limits." She sighs afterwards.

"Aki's been coooonstantly looking for the devil. Even when I tell him to rest a little, he won't. Arai was helping him out at first, but...the situation's gotten into him that he shut himself in a room. And Kobeni snapped a bit and started trying to drink toilet water, so I knocked her out." Himeno says, smiling while shrugging her shoulders.

"And as for that devil girl..."

"What happened to Power?"

Turning their heads to the left, they found Power laying down on her side on one bed. Smiling brightly as she had been thinking of something. "Since there was nothing to do, I started thinking about the Nobel Prize."

Blinking their eyes as they hear Power's strategy on what she'd do once she becomes Japan's Prime Minister, Denji leans a bit to Himeno. "That's how she always is."

"Ah, okay then."

Stepping out of the room the three of them are in and going over to where Kobeni and Arai are, Himeno lead them out to the balcony of the room. As they relaxed and loosened up by the balcony, the doors opened and Aki emerged out to join them.

"Himeno, have any cigarettes left on you?" Aki asks

"Sorry" Himeno points at the one between her lips. "This is the last one!"

"Ah, then I'll have that one please." Aki inquires

"Eh...well, I guess there's no helping to it." Taking the stick out of her mouth, Himeno pushes it past between Aki's lips. Huffing and puffing the smoke out, Aki begins to say.

"I've got some bad news." He spoke

"The devil that we killed-"

"The one I killed, right?!"

"It's getting bigger and bigger"

True to his word, a room inside the hotel already had its door fallen down. The devil manifested multiple arms, legs and faces.

"We can't get out of the hotel...it also doesn't look like anything we've seen...what kind of devil is it?" Himeno asks, eyes trained on the devil before them.

"That's definite the one, but it should be dead." Power adds

As the devil kept making out grunts and groans, one pair of eyes turned to face the four of them.

"Human" one mouth begins to say until multiple ones began to pop out.

"Humans"

"Foolish humans"

"Let's negotiate a contract"

"It talked!" Denji gasps

"A contract?"

"That human there called Denji. Let me eat him. Just his corpse is fine. Let me eat him. If you do that, I'll let all the devil hunters go in one piece." The mouth explains

"Leave in one piece" another mouth says

"Make a contract" another one spoke out

All the while the six of them are stuck inside Morin Hotel, a bright smile paints Ame's lips as the floors and the walls sparkle in front of her.

"I'm so tired" she huffs out a breath, "But I'm so glad that I've finished cleaning up!" She spoke happily, a pink apron adorning the front of her body. All the while the older angel was beaming at the success, both Kazuto and Shirohato were slumped in one corner of the room, looking deadbeat.

"Let's take a rest first, older sister" Kazuto whispers, laying down on the floor while Shirohato lays down on top of his stomach.

"No more cleaning, Ame." The white dove huffed and hooted, it's tongue sticking out from it's beak. "Don't wanna clean anymore" Shirohato continues to say

"We're not going to clean anymore" Ame says, the bright smile still adorning her face. "We've already cleaned the living room, kitchen, bathroom, my room and Kazuto's!" She happily says, "I feel a bit tired from cleaning as well" she chuckles softly, massaging her her left shoulder.

"Let's wash up and have dinner outside!" Ame announces

"Dinner where" Kazuto asks

"Mcdonalds!"

And in a flash of light, Kazuto bolts to the bathroom whereas Shirohato flew out of the window. Amused by the two, Ame chuckles softly while untying the pink apron, hanging it by a chair before waiting for Kazuto to finish cleaning up.

an: I'm sincerely sorry for no updates since starting tuesday last week! i got sick (my head, nose and back were all on fire) and was too tired to move, but i've already recovered so I'm good to go when writing now!

re written: 041124