Chapter 3: Nightfall

Y/n Pov

The moon of Reach hanged in the night sky I had my sniper rifle hiding in the shadows of mountain scanning the area. A few seconds later I spotted a few covenant a few meters away form me. I smiled and took aim with my sniper rifle and pulled the trigger. The first shot went threw the head of a elite followed by three more shots  dropping down  a few grunts before I moved to another position and spotted a few more covies all of them where skirmisher and I dropped everyone of them before moving on.

"This is to easy." I said to myself before noticed something move in the distance.  Looking through my scoop I see two SPARTAN'S and open a link to them.

"Lance Corporal Y/n to Noble four do you copy?" I asked

"Noble four I copy looks  like you made a mess of the place." Noble Four said

"It's what I do I'm just west of your position I met you  near a watermill I met you there just follow the trial of dead bodies." I said.

"Roger that." Noble four said.

Once I ended commutation I jumped down from my spot after sniping two more elites and made my way to the watermill. There was a elite right in front of me. Taking out my knife I quietly snuck up behind the elite and jumped on his back and sliced his neck while blood shot out over the place.

"Man I just got this thing cleaned." I said flicking off the blood and putting it away and made it to the met up point where I see Noble four and Noble six shaking their hands.

"Good to see  you two." I said

"Likewise. What are you doing out here?" Noble four asked

"I was gonna sked you the same thing." I said

"Doing some recon   for Covenant Forces in the colloquially named 'Dark Zone'." Noble four said

"Same here we should stick together on this." I said 

"I agree." Noble four said.

"Well then let's get moving." I said before the three of us continued on with the mission.

3rd person pov

The three men continued their mission taking out covenant forces along their  way before entering and going down a trail.

Jun, Six and Y/n  reach a clearing where some native large creatures  where attacking Covenant troops.

"Look at that!" Jun said.

After eliminating the Covenant, the creatures notice Jun, Noble Six, and  y/n and begin to charge them.

"Major enemy, incoming." Jun said

"I can see that." Y/n said taking aim and opening fire with his assault rifle. The creatures take sustained gunfire from all of them but eventually fall.

"Kat, pick any of that up?" Jun asked over the com.

"Affirmative, Recon Bravo. It's an indigenous creature, called Gúta."Kat said over the com.

"Good to hear that sweet voice of yours again Kat." Y/n said in a joking matter over the com.

"Same to you to Y/n." Kat said while the three man team continue on, soon finding another trail.

"Y/n, Six, there's a trail up ahead through the rocks. Let's take it." Jun said.

"Right." Y/n said While taking the trail they come across several Moa, soon hearing gunfire.

"Gunfire. Magnums, security side-arms. Standard issue." Jun said before the trail opens up to a pumping station were Several militia are under attack by Covenant forces.