"I can't believe it," Sandra said as I walked to the table with my tray. "These fuckers are campaigning to turn all vampires human."

She showed us the screen on her phone. It was an image of a flyer with anti-vampire slogans like 'cure the bit' and 'humans are the true apex predators'.

"How can they believe that stupid video?" Amber asked.

"Ignorance," I said, sitting.

"We need to do something about it." This was Brissa. She grabbed a celery stick and angrily took a bite.

"We should go crash their march," Sandra suddenly said.

"That could be dangerous," Brissa said. "If they're spouting nonsense like this, they will not be happy."

"Who cares?" Amber asked. "We can't let this happen. If they're protesting outside the embassy, we can go too. Let's meet with the club and see who we can round up."

They looked at me. I bit my lip. Maybe, I could go too.

"It's best if you stay out of this," Brissa told me. "People will start to think you're biased."

"But I am," I said.

"She means the public will think the royal family is using civilians to try to change public opinion," Sandra explained. "I'm sure the royal family will have a conference soon, but I don't think we should wait. This might pressure them into holding one sooner rather than later."

"I'll talk to Prince Rothchester today," I told them. "I'll try to help somehow."

We ate the rest of our lunch, pondering how to go about holding a march. If there weren't a lot of supporters, it wouldn't help. I kept my ears open to their suggestions. Violet had experience organizing these sorts of things. I could ask her today too.

However, all too soon, we had to go to our internships.

Just like last week, Royal Prints was just as busy today. I helped Rachel mail out even more orders. These weren't as huge as before, but it seemed like every corporation was holding a Thanksgiving banquet and needed print services. We weren't even finished by the time I had to go.

Exhausted, I clocked out and had Joseph take me to Alexander's house. I'd dozed off and only woke when Trevor opened the door for me.

"I've prepared some refreshments for you," Trevor explained, walking into the house with me. "They're upstairs in His Highness's office. I trust you know where to go?"

I smiled tiredly at him. "I know the way, thanks. Is he up there?"

"He's on a video call now, but he shouldn't be too long."

"Thanks."

I never made it to the office. When I walked into his room, the lights were dimmed, and Alexander was nowhere in sight. I placed my backpack beside the bed before sitting on it. The mattress dipped under my weight. I could wait for him here.

Embarrassed, I kicked off my shoes and wrapped myself in blankets. My stomach grumbled, but I refused to move. It was so comfy. I found myself drifting off. Sighing, I laid down. Just for a few minutes, I told myself.

When I woke again, I had an arm around my waist. I looked over my shoulder and spotted Alexander dozing next to me. Smiling, I rolled into him and snuggled into his neck.

"You're awake?" he asked.

"No," I said, keeping my eyes closed.

"Liar."

I opened my eyes and came face to face with Alexander. Here in his arms, I was content. We leaned forward simultaneously, and it was refreshing when our lips finally touched. I prompted myself on my arm and gently pushed him on his back with my other hand, never breaking apart.

His lips were tender, and his hands warm on my back. Alexander drew me closer. Kisses trailed across my jaw. I glanced down at him in time to see his fangs peeking behind his lips. My eyes widened.

"Alex," I began.

His fangs sunk into my neck.

I gasped at the sudden tingling of pain. Remembering snake bites (for some odd reason), I leaned closer, trying not to move too much.

One moment, I was on top of him; the next, I was flat on my back, looking at the wall. The way he had me pinned allowed me to grab his shoulders and squeeze.

"Hey," I said, wincing. "Take it easy."

Alexander sat back, a bewildered look on his face. My body breathed a collective sigh of relief.

"I - I'm - I just -"

"You're a vampire again," I told him.

One second he was on the bed; the next, he wasn't. He got his speed back. I couldn't think. When I closed my eyes, my head spun.

"Trevor," I croaked out. "I need some help."

I opened my eyes again and saw Alexander. He held my hand. Beside him stood Trevor.

"Call Dr. Daniels," Alexander said, "for both of us."

Alexander turned to me. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry."

I closed my eyes. As much as I wanted to tell him I was okay, I didn't have the strength.