⁹) Work Conversations

The next morning Steve woke up and looked over to the clock.

"Shit!" He shouted waking up Eddie, "I have work and didn't set and alarm I have 30 minutes!"

"Do you need me to take you?" Eddie asked as Steve nodded his head, trying to get his pants on.

"You need to pick up Robin as well if that's okay." Steve said pulling his shirt over his head, Eddie nodded and they both rushed over to Robins.

They pulled up outside Robins and she ran out the house getting into Eddie's van. She got a small mirror out of her pocket and started putting on some mascara. Robin was arguing with Steve about how he was almost late and that they only had 15 minutes to get to work and open up.
Eddie pulled up on the car park and Steve gave him a peck before jumping out the car and waving goodbye, Robin doing the same and walking into Family Video beside him.

Robin unlocked the store and flipped the sign to open as the continued to set up.

"So want to explain what happened last night or should I just take your word for it?" Robin finally spoke up.

Steve looked confused and she pointed to his neck. He cursed under his breath.

"Did you do it?" Robin asked leaning into Steve.
He blushed and looked away embarrassed.

"No... we didn't but we almost. I don't know what happened I just froze up!" Robin stay quiet as a way to say carry on, "Like me, Steve Harrington, Hawkins girl magnet and sex machine froze up at the thought of sex!? Are you kidding me! What is going on with me lately!"

Steve slumped down on the chair behind the counter, screaming into his hands. Robin took a moment to think.

"Is it that you've never been with a guy before? Unless you how and you just haven't told me?" Robin raised her eyebrow in question.

"I mean I have been with a guy but that was before I found out he was abusive and a complete douche and also not to mention died last year." Steve explained as Robins eyes widened, "Yes it was Billy, Robin."

Robin stayed in silent from the shock she was experiencing and Steve then got worried asking her to say something and just as she opened her mouth someone burst through the door and they both drew their attention to it. It was Jason and the basketball gang. Jason cane up to the counter and started asking for a movie.

"Shouldn't you be in school, Carver?" Steve said with no tone.

He didn't even give a reason they just said they were skipping and Steve just nodded as he looked over to Robin awkwardly.

"That'll be 12.35 Carver." Steve sighed as he typed in his name.

Jason gave him a twenty and told him to keep the change and both Steve and Robin exchanged weird looks as they left through the door. Robin brushed it off but Steve found it weird and shiver went down his back.

"Soooo... going back to the you slept with Billy Hargrove? How the fuck did it happen?" Robin asked stunned.

"Well... honestly I have no idea he just came up to me one day and asked to hook up. I said yes and we went to skull rock, made out for a bit and then went back mine and it all happened." Steve explained, "But that doesn't explain why I can't with Eddie! I mean I love him don't get me wrong and I trust him and feel safe around him but I just don't know!"

Robin thought for a moment.

"Maybe it's because of what happened, you know. And you're just a tad scared beside I pretty sure Eddie will understand because he was there and saw it happen to you." Robin put her hand on his shoulder giving a reassuring smile.

Both of them continued work as per usual and it was a pretty busy day for once so it went by quickly. Steve and Robin locked up Eddie was outside waiting for them and they jumped into his van. It was a quiet journey but it wasn't awkward or anything it was comforting. Robin got out the car waving at them both as she unlocked her house and went inside. Eddie and Steve then went to his trailer and both of them were silent once again as they walked in.

They both sat on Eddie's bed in silence until Steve finally spoke up.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked as Eddie picks his head up and nods.

"Yep. Perfectly fine. Are you okay dear?" Eddie asked leaning back onto the head board.

Steve nodded and couldn't help but fidget with his hands and nails. Eddie noticed and held his hand, pulling him forward to lean on his chest. Whilst resting on Eddie's chest Steve could only focus on Eddie's heartbeat and breathing, as his chest moved up and down. Eddie was the first to fall asleep and his hand dropped from Steve's hand leave; the warmth leaving his hand. Steve then fell asleep on top of Eddie's chest.

It was amazing...

More angst to come btw. Also I'm planning on having a second book for thus because I am prepared and shit so yea