Day 7: Relax

Magnus had ran out of toothpaste, and had bought another tube out of habit, completely forgetting that the staff would have gotten another one for him. He had been in a rush, and had barely looked at the package before buying it.

As he popped his toothbrush in his mouth, Alex knocked on the door before coming in. "Have you seen my deodarent?" she asked.

"Sorry, no," He frowned at his toothbrush, then raised an eyebrow. Wait, since when was this brand of toothpaste pink? And so sticky?

He looked at the box--and stared in horror at the words "denture adhesive."

"Magnus? You good?"

"This isn't toothpaste," Magnus said around the mouthful of sticky stuff.

"What--?" Alex took the package out of his hand. Seconds later, she threw it on the counter with a shriek of laughter. "Magnus, you fucking idiot!"

Magnus laughed. "I was in a hurry, okay?"

She wheezed. "You put--you put denture--"

"I didn't sleep! It was 6 AM!"

"Get over here and let me see!" Alex grabbed his face before he could protest. "Relax you jaw, you dumbass. Relax!" He managed to open his mouth, and Alex sighed. "Shit. It's blending into your gums. I can barely see it."

Magnus pulled back and clawed at where it was caked against his teeth and gums. It took five fucking minutes, but he managed to get most of it out, with no help from a cackling Alex. ("I am NOT sticking my fucking fingers in your mouth! You did this to yourself!") At last, he raised his face from the sink and spat into it.

"Is it out?" Alex asked

"Most of it. I can still taste it." He bared his teeth in the mirror, frowning. "There's none visible, thank the gods. It's like clay."

Alex grinned, elbowing him in the side. "Will some falafel help with the aftertaste?"

Magnus heaved a relieved sigh. "Please."