What Happened

Couples therapy 1998

The two young adult couple sat in front of an older white lady, taking turns expressing their feelings about their relationship. A lot has changed within the seven years the couple has been together. In 1993 Tiana, all in while being a senior in high school started a singing career. She was on the r&b charts as the youngest artist. She even got labeled as the princess of r&b. While all of this happened, Dion couldn't help but to feel pushed to the side. At first he was all for her starting off and zooming off the way she did, however he never got any alone time with her. She was alway busy in the studio, promoting, or shooting music videos. And to be honest it was starting to piss him off. He was only known as Tiana Brooks boyfriend, he wanted so much more than that. 

"You got all these niggas in yo face and all you do is smile and blush, that pisses me the fuck off Tiana". Dion said, not caring that he was in front of this white lady doing all that cussing. 

"please watch your mouth while you're in my office sir"say the white lady, making Dion mug her and roll his eyes. 

"Well in my defense, I don't like how you try to control what I can and can't do. like you tell me who I should work with and why I shouldn't work with em. You all in my business meetings, you answer important phone calls that are for me and you turn down the offer that comes with them. you haven't been acting right, you come home all type of times of the morning smelling like perfume, drunk as hell, depending on how drunk you are we may or may not fight. Dion you're changing, and it's starting to scare me. I can be at a photoshoot and you completely take over, you don't want nobody touching me. Not to mention you just pop whenever you want to." 

" Well excuse the hell out of me for wanting to make sure you straight. You a female working in a male business, I don't want you to get played" says Dion feeling like she was just being ungrateful at this point. 

1993  

Tiana had jumped into the music business and success came her way really fast. Now being in a relationship with Dion for two years, she couldn't ask for more. He was by her side every step of the way. making sure nobody was playing her, he stuck his nose in her business 24/7. 

"well Tiana welcome to Jive records". The owner said, happy that they have signed an upcoming artist with so much success. 

Dion made sure to sit right beside her looking at every face with a mug, a slight waring to the people, " Dont fuck wit ha" look. Some people within the meeting saw it but didn't want to say anything about it 

After the meeting was over the young coupe headed over to their apartment over in Brooklyn. both of them being tired, not really saying anything headed to the bedroom. Tiana could help but to see the cold glare he was giving her. Once he noticed that she had caught him looking at her, his face softened and he smiled at her. She returned the smile but to only still be creeped out from what she just saw

" Why was he looking at me like that?" 

Tiana got up thirty minutes later to go take a shower, while looking back she saw Dion sleeping peacefully. She runs her water and is preparing to get in. She heard something moving around but didn't think nothing of it. 

now she had been in the shower a good fifteen minutes washing her now longer hair, washing soap out of her eyes she turns around and sees Dion sitting on the toilet seat staring at her. She jumps and almost slips. 

" Dion what are you doing, you scared the hell out of me" 

He slowly cocks his head to the still looking at her and says " I just wanted to see you shower. My bad for scaring you baby". He gets up with his eyes glued to her eyes, backs up little, smirks and walks away. Tiana feeling extremely uncomfortable got out fast and just threw on some clothes deciding to let her body air dry.