010 | smiley is actually smiling!

Start from the beginning

jay runs after you and stops near you to give you a quick pat on the shoulder as he chuckles. "well done, smiley!" he cheered, and you nodded swiftly, raising your fist. jay chuckled even more before realizing you weren't maintaining your expression of indifference. and you observed how everyone responded similarly when they caught sight of your beaming face.

your eyes widened when jungwon, who was approaching the goalie so quickly, made a rapid shot to give your team a point. as you approach jungwon, you clap and smile while giving him the thumbs up. seeing your reaction to his impressive soccer talents, jungwon turns to face you and grins broadly. Jay then noticed that "smiley" was actually smiling. most classmates were shocked by your new behavior.

however, jungwon was the only person who didn't appear to be as startled by your expressions. even if your facial emotions appeared forced, they were still far softer and more innocent than your frighteningly blank expression. and jungwon took precautions to avoid making any unflattering facial expressions that would have made you feel uneasy about finally being able to express your feelings.

sunghoon observed your smile and thumbs-up gesture toward jungwon, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't equally startled. "focus on the game!" sunghoon yelled as he kicked the soccer ball to another member of his team; and yet all he did was sulk and look at you two.

once more, the ball was in front of your feet, and when you kicked the ball, the sound of your comrades cheering you on made you feel even more uneasy. almost shortly after that, sunghoon appeared in front of you, blocking your path to any of your teammates and preventing you from moving any farther.

just as soon as sunghoon tried to kick the ball, you collapsed to the ground, falling on your back, and he instantly froze. hee didn't dare move a muscle out of dread of hurting you or even being wrongly accused yet again; he only stared down at your unconscious form. and when it hits his classmates' gasps, they hurriedly surrounded you. really, you chose to pass out at this moment.. of course it had to be when he was barely taking the ball.

yor arms and legs were spread out and your face was expressionless once more. jeongho swiftly came sprinting when he observed the huddled group of pupils without having to summon any teachers. he rushed toward the group of students and forced his way through, he asked, "what's going on?" and when jeongho caught a sight of your motionless body on the sand ground, he was quick to pull off his dark gray coat to shield the sun from reaching you for as long as possible, as if your skin were particularly sensitive to the intense light. despite what the teenagers around him might have thought, this kind act meant much more.

the classmates witnessed as jeongho effortlessly lifted you up off the sand ground and wrapped you in his coat. while glaring at the students, jeongho commanded, "i'm expecting one of you outside dr.yeoms room." after that, the students began to whisper to one another about who should inform mr. kim of the issue.

━━━━━━━━━frantic 💉🧸

sunghoon was standing there, resting against the wall next to the room belonging to dr. yeom. sunghoon was irritated and had his arms crossed. it just had to be him then again.

since he was supposedly the only person who had seen you, everyone made him explain the situation to mr. kim— sunghoon was even offended that his own friends made him tell jeongho what had happened to you. and despite the fact that sunghoon had told jeongho the truth—that he hadn't touched you in the least—the science teacher nevertheless insisted that sunghoon apologize to you. if it had been a different teacher, they might not have made him apologize to you, but it was kim jeongho— and everyone knew how much he valued you.