CIVIL WAR | SEVEN

"𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩..."

Erosia | 2016

"Let's go, kid!" Happy pounds his fist against my door. I search my bag for my face mask but it is no where to be found. I curse under my breath as I dump everything onto my bed. Nothing. He knocks once more, "We can't be late. We are on Stark's schedule now."

I groan and march towards the door. I reply after I swing it open. "I can't find my mask. I can't fight without it." Happy grabs the bridge of his nose as I say, "If my identity is revealed-"

"Bad things happen! I know! That's my job." He snaps before pulling out his phone. He pounds a number into it before calling. As he awaits their answer he ushers me out of my room and down the hall to Peter's. I hope he remembered everything. Who am I kidding? It's Peter, of course he remembered everything. I zone back into reality when Happy says, "She needs a mask, Tony... She forgot it... Now?" He groans once he's hung up the phone. "This is off the record but your Dad is the most frustrating multi billionaire in the galaxy."

"There is truly none like him." I reply unenthusiastic. "Also you guys do realize that I could teleport home and find my mask and meet you guys at the airport right?"

"The thought crossed my mind but we need you to conserve your energy." He points out. "With it being so far both ways you'd need three red bulls in your system just to throw a punch." We arrive in front of Peter's door and Happy beats on it just as he did mine.

"Wow. Who knew you could be so smart, Happy?" He throws a glare at me before turning back to the door. He goes to Noah once more, but the door swings open before he can. Revealing Peter Parker in a new suit. A really nice new suit.

"Thank God. At least one of you can be on time." Happy sighs before making us follow him.

Peter leads me and I take my time studying his new suit. The details on the mask, the large spider across his back, how the suits hugs his—

"You like the new suit?" Peter asks, turning to me. He walks backwards and I study the front of the suit. I giggle as the eyes of the mask squints.

"Yeah it's— really dope." I chuckle.

"You think so?" He breathes out.

I scoff. "Don't go fishing for compliments, Spider-Man." I punch his bicep. I grab his hand and examine the web shooter system. "The detail is fantastic."

"Thanks! It's a—"

"Mr. Stark special?" I ask. He nods eagerly sending a pang of jealousy through me. "I knew it." I chuckle, dropping his hand.

As we make our way out of the building Peter talks a mile a minute about all the features with his new suit. Which has me picking at the peeling fabric of my old suit. It was a beautiful suit when I'd first received it but let's just say that she has definitely seen better days.

"You know, Chloe, maybe it's time for an upgrade," Peter suggests, glancing over at my worn-out suit. "I could talk to Mr. Stark about it. I'm sure he'd be willing to help."

I shake my head, reluctance swirling within me. "Thanks, Peter, but I'll manage with what I have for now." I so want a new suit. But who am I to ask? "Besides, there's something nostalgic about this old suit."