~~~~

"Where are you going?"

Taehyung doesn't bother to turn toward the owner of the voice. He continues tying his shoes as he answers, "I'm going to look at apartments in the city."

He stands up and meets the confused alpha. "What do you mean?" the alpha man asks.

"I want to live in the city," Taehyung tells him, enjoying it as the alpha looks almost hurt by this.

"You don't need to look for a place to live. You already have a home," the alpha gestures to the house.

Taehyung scoffs under his breath, "Home." He shakes his head, "I'm not sure if I'll ever find a home but I sure as hell knows, it isn't this place." He lets the words sting and leaves the house.

'Home,' Taehyung glances in the rearview mirror of his car, looking at the big, empty farmhouse. 'This stopped being home ever since you sent me away.'

Thirteen years ago, it was home. It was a home occupied by a loving family. The family consisted of an alpha male, an omega dad, and an only child.

Life was quiet, peaceful, and fun. The only child was a cute little boy who loved to play in the fields, stuffing his face with strawberries whenever he saw the red heart.

Even as the boy grew, the distance between him and his parents did not. They were still the happy family of three. That was until the omega dad got sick and he didn't get better.

Together as the power of three, they preserved and hoped with all of their hearts.

Sadly, the omega dad never got better. The child was left with the alpha parent who sent him away without a second thought three days after the funeral.

~~~~

"Maybe you should give your father a chance," Hoseok suggests.

"Why would I?" Taehyung closes one eye and then throws the dart.

It's been a week since Taehyung has come back home but he barely stays at the plantation, avoiding his father every chance he gets.

Today, he had Hoseok come pick him up. They were now at a bar playing darts. "He sent me away because he didn't want me around."

"Well," Hoseok throws the dart. "Maybe he has his reasons. Hear him out."

Taehyung throws his last dart, scoring all his points. "I don't want to hear his excuses."

Hoseok comes to his side, throwing an arm over his shoulder. "I'm just saying, you're living with him again. You can't keep avoiding him."

"I can keep avoiding him," Taehyung takes a sip of his coke.

"But I can't keep picking you up. As much as I like spending time with my best friend," Hoseok squeezes his shoulder. "I can't," he deflates. "I have work and your plantation is hours away from the city."

"Then," Taehyung turns to him. "Let me stay with you at your apartment until I find a place."

"Wow," Hoseok breathes out. "You really don't want to be with your father, huh?"

He doesn't. It doesn't help that every chance he gets, his alpha father attempts to converse with him. The kid him would have loved that, always yearning for his father's attention. But he's not a kid anymore.

It's funny that before his father sent him away, he was always trying to start conversations between them. While his father gave him curt responses. Now, it's the other way around. He scoffs at the irony.