04. THE BLAME GAME

_______________________BECK'S BIG BREAK !( season one, episode four )' the blame game '_________________________

BECK'S BIG BREAK !
( season one, episode four )
' the blame game '
_________________________

NOBODY HAD EVER SEEN Jade West so upset about anything before, the only clear emotions she ever openly displayed were annoyance and anger.

But with her and Sophie no longer on speaking terms, she was an absolute wreck, she whole-heartedly believed that staying away from her was the best course of action.

But that didn't mean it didn't hurt. It took every fiber of her being not to crawl back into her arms and apologize for how selfish and rude she was.

She wanted Sophie to tell her it was okay and that all was forgiven and forgotten, but that wasn't the case, Jade knew she was no good for the blonde, so she kept her distance until she could find a way to break up with the girl without completely breaking her heart.

Meanwhile, Sophie faced a dilemma of her own, she posed the question of what she did to receive nothing but radio silence from her girlfriend.

She felt bad for running off when she saw Jade putting makeup on her fake injury, but she couldn't deal with that sort or drama at the time, and of course she was upset that she was lied to, who wouldn't be?

But the end had been upon them for longer than that, since Jade yelled at her in the hallway, since Sophie walked out of improv class, since Tori Vega stepped foot in Hollywood Arts.

Sophie could see it coming from a mile away, the end had been in sight for a very long time, from the moment a new student walked into class, they were doomed.

Now, Sophie couldn't blame the entire ordeal on Tori Vega— unlike Jade, she understood that the new girl didn't necessarily mean to cause harm, all she did was speed up a process that was inevitably going to happen.

Walking into Sikowitz's class that day, Sophie expected nothing but awkwardness to fill the class' air, and her suspicion was confirmed when she and Jade met face to face in the doorway.

"Hi," The blonde said quietly, the brown eyes staring back at her still made her knees go weak, "Could we talk?" She asked, glancing inside the classroom to see their friends watching the encounter closely, "Privately?"

Jade reached out and pulled the door shut, staring at the blonde expectantly, the two of them shared a tentative silence filled with wary glances to the floor. Both of them crossed their arms over their chests, looking at the other skeptically.