My eyes landed on the red stained sheets sitting in the bathroom on the floor. I look up to her and her eyes go wide and I'm assuming she thought I was gonna do something because she immediately backed up.

"It's okay love, I promise. It's normal okay, I'm not mad at you at all, mistakes happen." I say as I hug her while pulling her towards me.

She nod's and put's her head in the crook of my neck.

"Now, how bout' we go get that stuff you need huh?" I question as I stand up while picking her up.

She was already dressed appropriately for the store so all she had to do was put on some shoes and we were good to go. I pick up her black converse and slip them on her feet and lace them up.

I pick her back up and walk down the steps to the back door to announce we are going.

"We'll be back in a few. Stay out of trouble, I mean it." I say while pointing more at Danika then Shayla.

Shayla jumps up and run's over. She give's my leg a hug and kisses the side of Mariah's thigh.

"You come back?" She ask's. I nod and give a small smile.

"We'll be back, I promise Ayla." I tell her and she Runs back over to Danika.

30 minutes later back at home:
Mariah:

I put my stuff away and turn on the shower to freshen up. I get In as soon as the water turns warm and stand under the shower head, closing my eyes and relaxing.

I wash my hair and put in conditioner letting it sit in my hair for 5 minutes and wash it out. I grab my new loofa and put body wash on it and start to scrub my body off. After I'm done doing that and shaving I squeeze the water out of my hair before putting it up in a towel and getting out of the shower.

I wrap myself in the body towel and walk to the sink, grabbing my toothbrush and wetting it, I put toothpaste on it and wet it once more before brushing my teeth over the sink. I spit out the remainder of the paste and rinse my mouth with mouth wash. I get dressed in my black shorts and white cropped tank top.

I throw the towels in the hamper and walk out of the bathroom and walk down to the kitchen. Shayla run's up to me and jumps up and down with her arms up so I pick her up.

"Are you hungry Princess?" I ask while looking through the fridge. She hums a 'yes' so I grab some ingredients to make Lasagna and home made garlic bread. I put Shayla on the stool to sit at the island while I cook and she watches my every move.

Loud barking fills the house when the front door was opened. I scrunch my eyebrows and look around the corner seeing a tall figure dresses in all black with a ski mask on standing infront of the door with a gun in hand. I internally gasp and turn off the stove quickly and grab Shayla running down the steps to the basement where Leo,Danika,and Ethan were.

I slam the door shut quietly and lock it rushing past each door while looking inside them to see which one they were in. Shayla begins to cry, she's scared. I rush to the last door that they could possibly be in but they aren't there. I let out a heavy sigh and rush to the weapon room at the end of the hall and close the door behind me while locking it and closing the shade's over the little window.

I set Shayla down next to me and grab my phone, I struggle to open the passcode for a minute but I successfully get it and Dial Leo's number. No Answer. I dial Danika's number. No Answer. Lastly I Dial Ethan's number and to my suprise he answer's rather quickly.

"Mari-" I quickly cut him off not letting him finish his stupid sentence.

"Come home, NOW. Someone's in the house and I couldn't see their face. Please Ethan, please I beg." I plead while holding Shayla's tiny hand in mine.

"Okay, what room are you and Shayla in right now?" He ask's.

"The weapon room, I came down because I thought you guy's had come down here but you were gone and I started to panic and now I'm having a panic attack beca-" someone speaking catches me off guard.

"Mariah, baby listen. We'll be home soon I'm driving as fast as I possibly can, all I want you to do is stay in that room, and breathe." Leonix calm's me from the other side of the phone.

I hear thing's being thrown around upstairs and remember Faith was in her room sleeping..

"Shit! Please hurry Leo, Faith- she's sleeping in her room I didn't have time to tell her I just ran to wherever." I state with tears now streaming down my face at the same time as sweat.

I hear the car picking up speed and honking, I'm assuming from other car's.

"Almost there Star just breathe okay? She'll be okay I promise. Just breath." He say's.

I no longer hear Fang barking, thing's are still being thrown but the stairs are also now creaking. Indicating someone is going up to Faith or Faith is coming down to them.
I think for a moment before getting up and getting a gun from the table.

"Shayla, do mommy a favor okay? Stay here and talk to daddy on the phone while mommy goes to do her job okay. I promise I'll be back as soon as I finish." I say while handing her the phone. I could hear Leo screaming No but I didn't listen, I couldn't just let my best friend get hurt.

I grab the key to the door and tuck it into my Bra, I give Shayla a kiss on the head before opening the door as she watches me. I give her a sad smile and lock the door behind me, running to the stairs back to the main floor i swing the door open and slowly make my way to the living room to get a view of the stairs. But nobody's there.

I walk to the stair's and walk up them and I check the first room, the bathroom. It's clear, I go to check Leonix's room but that's when my stomach get's queezy and I start to sweat more.

I push myself to continue in the room but someone walking behind me catches my attention. I swiftly look behind me and see the tall figure standing there. I back up and raise the gun ready to fire if needed. They start to walk forward and stop once I put my finger on the trigger and click off the safety.

"Who are you, what do you want!" I shout while looking right into their eyes.

They say one word.

"You." And that's enough to do it, I pull the trigger aiming for the chest and they fall to the floor while cupping their wounded area. I pull off the mask from their face but I don't recognize this person at all. Nothing clicks in my head at this moment.

While breathing heavily they manage to mumble it out.

"They'll find you, sooner or later." And with that, his head fall's to the floor. I sit there for a moment thinking about who he could have possibly been talking about. Who want's me. The sound of the front door slamming open is all I heard, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"MARIAH?!" Leo's voice shouts. I didn't say anything. I just sat there pondering my thoughts.

I hear Shayla's cries as if someone had taken her out of the room and brought her upstairs. I look at the wall still thinking and then Leo rushes in the room and engulfed me into a big hug.

"You're not hurt are you? I swear if anyone touched you!" He said. I shake my head no and look up into his eyes. I hug him tight and stand up when he does.

"Is Faith ok?" He asks.

I begin to walk to her room but her door is already opened and she's not there. Her phone is there on the bed but she isn't. She doesn't leave without her phone.

"Shit!"

Again sorry for not updating often I've just been bored and haven't been wanting to write anything! I love you all🫶🏼