1

On this planet, known as Earth, there lived multiple humans who bustled around the streets of their countries. They all carried similarities to one another such as skin colour, hair types, language spoken, their religions or their cultures. But what set them apart from each other was their superpower, known as a quirk. Quirks were a power that could enhance the body, they could change the body or make the body do unhuman things, such as summon water out of thin air. When quirks first arrived in the world they were seen as a sin, a message from the devil but now they were a message from the gods and those who didn't have a quirk were seen as useless which meant that they were treated unfairly and dehumanised. In the streets of Japan, a mother dragged her daughter through the busy streets, barging past multiple people and not stopping to say sorry. The mother was on a mission, and it involved the mall.

The mother's name was Vivian Anamory, she's a single mother working on a cashier's salary, which she mostly spends on alcohol and illegal substances. She was short with long, natural grey hair and shiny blue eyes. Her daughter, Violet Anamory, squealed behind her mother, rushing to keep up with her mother's fast pace and struggling to not cry at the rough tugging on her thing arms. Unlike her mother, Violet had short white hair and dazzling purple eyes. She was a good-natured child but due to the drugs that her mother is on, she gets abused and mistreated while at home. She is very resilient and doesn't let this affect her education though, she's the smartest in her class. Violet had yet to get a quirk and that made her, in her mother's eyes, even more useless.

The duo eventually, reached the mall. It was busy but not as busy as it is on the weekends. Dashing her way through the crowds of people, Vivian rushed up the escalators causing Violet to crash into the metal steps and collide with multiple people, who weren't very happy with her. The small girl apologised to everyone that she bumped into when she wasn't doing that, she was begging her mum to let her go or to slow down, of course, the woman didn't listen. Finally, they reached their destination. The liquor shop. The mother had gotten her paycheck only yesterday and had decided to visit the wine shop, despite already having a million bottles at home. Violet trailed behind her mother, keeping her head down low and her hand at her side, fighting the urge to touch things.

"Mama?" Violet jogged to her mother's side, who was checking out the date of a bottle, "Can we get something to eat after this? Just something little." Violet asked fiddling with her hands.

Vivian ignored her daughter and rushed to a different aisle. The young child sighed and gripped at her thin belly. She had only eaten a slice of bread for the whole week, and it was already Thursday. Vivian shuffled out of the shop, feeling light-headed and sick. The young girl crouched down against the wall and closed her eyes, the pangs of pain in her tummy getting worse. After a few minutes she felt coldness pass over her, so she opened her eyes to find a cloaked man staring back at her.

"Hey, kiddo." The man waved at Violet, "Can you move away from this building? I need to do some, and I don't want you getting hurt." The man smiled as Violet got up and brushed herself off ready to walk away. "Here, kid. You look deathly pale and skinny."

Violet took the sandwich and drink, she was given, gleefully and walked to the balcony that had benches next to it. The mall had 3 floors to it, the ground floor had clothing and accessories on it. It had a small fountain in the middle of the mall and benches that curved around the circumference of the fountain. The second floor was for food and was where the mother-daughter duo was currently, there was a balcony that had glass fencing around it and benches, which is where Violet was sitting. The final floor had everything else on it, sports gear, school supplies, kitchen stuff etc. Violet had never been on the third floor as her mother never went up there. The mall was decorated with various plants and miniature trees.

Violet munched on the P&J sandwich as she kept her gaze on the liquor shop, she had to make sure her mother didn't see her eating or else hell will break through, even more at home. But it was strange. A random stranger gave her food. She was smart and knew that taking food from strangers isn't a good idea, but she was so hungry that hunger clouded her judgement. The sandwich tasted fine, it reminded her of the golden days when her mother wasn't violent and didn't beat her or throw glass bottles at her- It made her hopeful again, that everything might change.

And it did.