7

A/N: Italics are incoming  texts, bold and italics are outgoing texts.

Qibli PoV:

Several notifications pinged on my phone rapidly, almost as if frantic. Picking up my phone, I could see many texts from Winter.

Qib

Csn u ppikc me up i dnth want to be alkoibe rn

dont*

alone*

pls

Im at the student cent

"What the fuck...?" I muttered, logging out of my laptop and getting up to leave.

I could see Winter sitting alone on a bench from quite a ways away.

"Hey!" I called once close enough. "What the fuck're you doin out here? It's freezing."

"Qibli?" His head snapped up to me, and he stood up quickly to face me. "Oh thank goodness- I- she- I don't-"

"Woah, woah, take it easy." I stepped towards him. "Are you... are you okay? What happened?"

He held his face in his hands and took a deep breath. "She's just-" his voice faltered. "She's just so- personal fucking space, for fucks sake."

"Did- what did she do?" I replied, my voice clipped.

"She didn't DO anything, she's just- touchy." he brushed hair out of his face. "She doesn't- she just doesn't get it. She doesn't understand."

I bit the inside of my cheek, thinking of something I could say. "Are... are you okay?" I said finally.

"Yeah I'm- I'm fine. I'm jus-" he sighed. "Can we just- go back to the dorm?"

"Of course, of course. Um. Do you need anything or-"

"I just wanna go back to the dorm. Please."

"Yes, of- of course. Yeah."

He was silent the entire walk back, every time I snuck a glance at him his eyes were wide, fearful. Like he was remembering something. He kept digging his nails into his arms, so much so I was tempted to grab his hand just to stop him.

I had just opened the dorm room door when I got another string of text messages, from Kinkajou this time. I let Winter into the room and then sat down at my desk to see what she had said.

i am so fukcin angery at moon rn

be warned hse is in a bad mood

will be aggratving 2mrw

ageraveting

agrvating

aggravating

Sry that was for tam

what

why she mad

did smth happen during her date with qinter

*winter

idk

she kept talking about how like

"I thout all college boys want sex"

or som dumb shit like that idk i wasnt rly payin attention

wtf?

thats dumb

ikr

😡😡😡😡

i told her she was dumb for thinkingg that and now she wont talkt ome

:(

oop

😭

I scratched the back of my head, processing this information. This certainly explained Winter's behavior.

I looked over at Winter, who was laying on his bed with his face hidden by his hands.

"Do you, um." I swallowed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." Winter's voice was muffled. "But I probably should."

"You don't have to if it makes you uncomfortable."

Winter removed his hands and sat up, still not looking my way. "I know." He said quietly.