Long Distance Relationships Will Kill You(Complete)

"There!" I yelled from the backseat of the car. I felt victorious to be the first to spot the Bojangles in this unfamiliar town. Yupp, you guessed we are traveling. To visit my aunt because she just had her baby.

"Kassi don't be so loud!" my brother JD complained.

"Maybe you shouldn't be so ugly!" I replied. I know it was a little too childish for a 14 year old to be saying but once I thought it, I said it.

"Y'all quit fussing!" my mom interrupted our almost family feud. I love my mom. I always think of her as a peacemaker. She tries to keep us from making bad decisions, and she's pretty, too. She has really long brown hair with eyes as brown as chocolate. Everyone says, other than the color of our eyes and hair, that we look very much alike. It's true our facial features are the same but I don't see it because I have blond hair and blue eyes. And if your wondering JD has dark brown almost black hair and blue eyes.

We made it into Bojangles and we all ate bacon egg and cheese biscuits, we had to wait 10 minutes for the staff to make the biscuits but it was worth it.

After we left the restaurant, mama told us we had to stop for gas.

We went to Kangaroo, and while we were there, my mama sent me in to get a bag of ice for our cooler. I tried desperately not to complain for the pure fact of not wanting to seem like a whiner. As I walked in the first thing I noticed was the atmosphere was completely cheerful. I wasn't sure how, but I knew that something good was going to happen.

I walked to the man at the cash register and asked him where the ice was. He pointed towards the back, and I thanked him and headed that way. As I was trying to grab the ice I instantly remembered how weak I was! Dang! Why did mama send ME? I fought with the bag for all of ten minutes when a soft, but deep, and unfamiliar voice called toward me, "umm do you need some help?" as I turned around I felt my knees almost give way. This godlike guy seeming about my age stood, looking almost worried...about ME!

I couldn't make any sound come out of my mouth so I just shook my thinking in my head "yes! Please help me!" He snickered and walked toward the ice and grabbed a bag with little to no effort. If I wasn't trying to make such a good impression, my mouth would've been gaping open. He stopped at the cash register and waited for me to walk over to him. I paid for the ice and he carried it to the car for me.

"Thanks." I finally blurted out as he started to put the ice in the car.

"No problem." he said smiling making his beautiness radiate even more. "So, I never caught your name.." he started "and maybe I could get a number or something, too." he teased. I wanted to squeal!

"my names Kassi and" I pulled a pen and paper out of my purse and wrote my number as neatly as I possibly could and signed my name at the top of the paper. "this is for you." I said trying to sound flirty. He noticed the change in my tone and realized I was flirting instantly, then he laughed quietly. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. Yeah maybe I'm a little blind to everything right now.

"Well I'll talk to you sometime." he said, gesturing to the paper and smiling.

"Wait!" I said trying to hide the almost panic in my voice. He turned towards me almost confused. "I never caught YOUR name?" I said almost questioningly. Then he grinned.

"It's Ryan" as he told me, I hardly heard him over my mom blowing the horn.

"Come on Kassi, we have a 9 hour drive ahead of us back to Georgia..." she started complaining.

"Well I'll call you sometime, soon" he said. I smiled and waved. Again wanting to squeal.

"Ewww! Kassi's gotta boyfriend!" JD yelled teasingly. For a sixteen year old, I've met four year olds more mature than him.