[001] the morning of

chapter one; the morning of
[ season one, episode one ]

chapter one;  the morning of[ season one, episode one ]

"Wake up sleeping beauty"

She felt someone poke the side of her face. Slowly she opened her eyes to see Gyeong-su smiling at her from the other side of her bed.

With a groan she pushed her face into her bed and used her pillow to cover her head.

"Why did my mother let you in? AGAIN."

"Well, who would deny her wonderful future son-in-law the chance to wake up his future wife."

"In a million years would I be your wife Gyeong-su", she rolled her eyes, finally sitting up.

"And I would wait a million y-..."

She looked at him when he stopped talking. Only to see that he was staring at the upper half of her body, which was no longer covered by her blanket. But by the thin, silk kami she wore to bed. She snapped her fingers in front of his red face and grabbed a pillow.

He stood up and began walking back to the door, "Anyways as I was saying, I would wait a million years for..."

Ae-Cha threw the pillow at him right as he stepped through the threshold, the pillow landed against the door, closing it with a thud.

The door opened slightly, "... you, just outside of this door. Considering I would rather not be murdered before the day even starts."

With a scoff she shut the door in his face and began dressing for school, slipping on her green and white uniform. She looked at the digital clock that was sitting on her nightstand, they had only 20 minutes to be in class, knowing she could not afford yet another detention she grabbed her bag and headed to the kitchen to grab a water and a few snacks before leaving

In the apartment kitchen she found Gyeong-su conversing with her mom.

"Honestly Auntie, if you want to try some good chicken."

The conversation was stopped short by Ae-Cha, "Gyeong-su let's go, we haven't got much time!"

Each teen placed a kiss on Mrs. Lee's cheek before walking out of the door.

"I love you ma', see you later!"
"I'll tell you more later Auntie!"

Ae-Cha and Gyeong-su, as well as some other boys took a shortcut through the wealthier residence. Completely ignoring the "Residents only" sign. The security guard chased after them, Ae Cha was at the front of the group, leaving Gyeong-su behind.

Gyeong-su yelled out to the group, "Wait for me! Shit!"

"Ha-ha fuckers." She flipped them off.

They finally made it to the stoplight right across from the school without being caught by security. Ae-Cha found Cheong-san and On-jo in the crowd and made her way toward them with a red face and panting Gyeong-su on her heel.

"Well, hello lovebirds. How are you two doing on this fine morning?"

On-jo looked at her with an annoyed look, "One, not lovebirds. Two, I am extremely tired. Cheong-san made me carry his bag all the way here."

"Nuh-uh. I did not make you do anything, you lost fair and square gopher."

The light turned green; the crowd of people began sprinting to enter the gates of the school so they wouldn't be marked by the teachers waiting. Just as Ae-Cha and On-jo began running the two boys slightly bumped them. The girls stumbled; the boys left them behind. Luckily all those nights Ae-Cha spent running prepared her for this.

"Sprint On-jo! Come on!"

She grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her along. But just as they were about to run in one of the teachers put his wooden cane in front of them.

"Sorry On-jo."

Ae-Cha ran around the teachers, Coach Kang jogged after her. For being the physical education teacher, he wasn't very fit.

"Hey! Get back here right now!"

If they can't catch her, they can't make her write her name down. Still running she looked back at On-jo and the teachers and laughed. Because she wasn't facing forward, she inevitably bumped into someone, causing the person in front of her to stumble, and her air pods to fall out of her ears.

She leaned down to pick up her air pods, "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, are you o-"

When she looked up you could see the very visible look of surprise plastered on her face taking back that apology, "well fuck me."

Seeing that smirk was not something she was looking forward to today or any day really.

• • • • •☽ ☀︎ ☾ • • • • •

I KNOW THIS IS REALLY SHORT BUT I DIDN'T WANT THE FIRST CHAPTER TO BE UNNECESSARILY LONG! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT THOUGH!
NEXT CHAPTER SHOULD BE OUT THIS NEXT FRIDAY!

August 5, 2022
(759 words)

August 5, 2022(759 words)