Chapter Twenty-Four: His Tears

Start from the beginning

Apart from George of course. His touch made me feel the complete opposite. Calm, serene and simply no longer alone.

After we came back from the run, showered and looked so what presentable George took me into town.

Although I didn't need to go shopping, I complied not bothered on what we did. I was too preoccupied controlling the visions.

Exhaustion was taking over my life. Every second I was awake I was tired. Every second I was asleep I was tired.

It was a never ending battle.

George's warmth was always touching me. Whether holding my hand, encircling my waist, cupping my face or stroking my hair, he was a constant supply of tranquility. It was as if he was worried that if he let go I'd crumble.

To be honest I probably would.

We strolled around for a while, browsing through shops that neither of us had any interest in. We just wanted to kill time and be distracted.

"Hey, this would look nice on you." George said, plucking a top from a display rack and holding it up against me.

It was a nice top. Coloured khaki with embellished fierce, gold studs on the shoulders.

"I like it." I said, with a forced smile.

He squeezed the hand he was holding and told me with his eyes that it was going to be okay.

"It goes really nicely with your scary personality." He added with a smirk. Ducking away from my slap, he chuckled lowly. "I'm joking, but you can be scary sometimes."

"Like when?" I exclaimed, taking the top from his hand and picking up another one similar in my size.

"When you threaten people, I mean Anna, and when you shoot her that death glare... seriously I almost shit myself."

I giggled, leaning into his side as he passed a few other clothing items my way. It was then I realised that he'd been trying to cheer me up even when it was an impossible job.

Not impossible anymore.

Parading to the changing rooms I tried on the clothes getting a few scowls and a few oogly eyes from George.

"You look beautiful." He said as I stepped out in a cosy, dark grey dress that flattered my figure and long sleeves. I was a girl who usually wore jeans but a casual dress was nice sometimes. "As always but especially now."

I blushed, a flattered smile on my lips. He took my hands and stroked his thumbs over my knuckles.

"Give me a twirl."

Laughing, I stepped back and spun around, the flares of the dress cascading upwards but not so much that I was flashing him.

"Not too much, you'll get dizzy." George chuckled, grabbing my waist and pulling me close before I could fall over. "I'm buying this." He said motioning to the dress but I shook my head.

"No it's fine-"

"I want to, so quit protesting. Call it a late Christmas present." He countered, mock scowling at me. I nudged his cheek slightly to tell him to smile again. He was so much more unbelievably beautiful when he smiled. When he finally gave in, seeing that it pleased me, a grin of sunshine curled on his lips.

"Have you finished?" He nodded towards the dressing room and small pile of clothing.

"Yeah, I'm all done." I clarified.

"Okay, well if you hand me the ones you want I'll go pay and you change back into your clothes." I nodded, passing him two tops on hangers. "Will you be alright?"