two, josephine harrington practises dark magic.

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 two,
JOSEPHINE HARRINGTON
PRACTICES DARK MAGIC

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 two, JOSEPHINE HARRINGTONPRACTICES DARK MAGIC

AUGUST

AUGUST.

SUMMER, 1976

LAYING ON THE DAMP GRASS in the back garden
of the Crawford family manor, Zayden Crawford was revising his potions assignments diligently, books scattered in his lap, as Scarlett Anderson sat beside him, agitated. The grey sky loomed over them, looking moments away from releasing the predicted downpour of rain. The girl was effortlessly beautiful, with midnight-black hair and piercing, luminous green eyes. Both her jawline and her cheekbones were sharp and defined, all of which accentuated her cold exterior. Even with the wretched frown currently carved into her face, Zayden thought she was as stunning as ever.

"This isn't fair! Why does he get to go to that stupid dinner? I should be there! He doesn't even care for their values, or their morals. Just because he's officially the 'Perfect Heir' now that Sirius is gone, doesn't mean he deserves it any less than I do. I should be the one at that ridiculous meeting with Lucius and the others, not stuck here doing this shit!" Scarlett ranted, anger lacing her words at the thought of Regulus Black.

God, she hated him.

She hated his perfect family and how even if he stood there in place, looking and probably feeling ridiculously small, like a lost child, fumbling in the dark searching for a light, he was perfect. He could mess everything up, disgrace his family, put in half the effort of what she had worked so hard for, and Regulus Black would still be given everything. He would always have everything served to him on a golden platter.

She hated him.

Zayden looked over at the girl. They were sat side by side, legs touching, as they drank expensive coffee from ridiculously small glasses. He peered over at her whilst she was lost, drowning in her angry thoughts. Her dark hair contrasting the pale, freckled skin and those iridescent green eyes that he had grown so fond of.