Chapter 19

MEGAN POV

Normani and I rush to the nearest gas station running into the bathroom. As the water runs from clear to red I look at Normani in shocked of what we just did now that it's settling in. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. She hurt Tristan and the love of my life. She better be glad she's not paying by death.

With the kids at Momma J's house I drive to pick them up and talk to Teyana. She's coming back home...

"Tee can we talk?" I ask her after I give the kids all my love and spot her coming out the kitchen. Nodding her head she says yes and I follow her to the guest room.

"Tee... I'm sorry. I should've believed you and not jump to conclusions. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry babe. And I want you back home. Back home with us" I say holding both her hands as I look into her eyes that begin to fill with tears

"Meg... I love you and I accept your apology. But I think we should just stay separated for some time. I'm not saying we break up and get a divorce. I- I just think living separately would be good for us.... For now" she says wiping her face

"You don't think two weeks apart was enough?" I croak count as my voice cracks from this. I thought she automatically would've been like yes we can and we leave together with the kids all happy and shit.

"I don't think it was enough. I think we need a month or so"
"A month!? A month?!.... Teyana if you don't wanna be together anymore just say it. But not living together for a month. Like no I can't. I need my wife with me!" I shout frustrated with it all

"You bashed me saying how I'm a liar and all. And you expect me to just run back home. No. No Megan that's not how this works... we atleast gotta work our way back to what we used to be"

I take in everything she says, knowing that she's right. I swallow my pride and agree to it. Giving me a kiss on the forehead she says thanks. We hold each other into a tight hug. Mumbling I'm sorry to each other.

I walk away getting the kids heading home. A month... okay I can do a month, I tell myself.

ONE MONTH LATER

"I can't do this!" I shout to Normani
I've been dying without my wife. For a whole month it's just been me dropping the kids off at Momma J's house but I don't see Teyana. And I miss her, I miss everything about her.

"Yes you can. Well you have to anyway."
"I don't think I should tell her that Tristan isn't hers. It'll crush her."

"But she has to know! Come on that bitch didn't have a problem saying it when we tortured her. So why even give her the benefit of the doubt. She lied to you both. Teyana needs to know"
Taking a deep breath I think on what she just said. "You right, I'mma tell her tonight"

"Oh tonight... what's tonight?" She says with a smirk

"Well today marks a month since we took our break. We're having dinner to talk about everything"
"Sounds more like make up sex. But you have fun.... And don't forget to tell her!"

As I sit across from Teyana I take in her appearance. She looks good, damn good. I haven't seen her since we agreed on the break. I would just drop the kids off at Momma J's house but I wouldn't see Teyana face to face. The separation was definitely killing me, I can only wonder if she felt the same.

"You look good" I say
"Me, nah baby you. You look beautiful and gorgeous as ever" she says making me blush

"So how have you've been? The kids told me you were getting busy with a lot of cases.... How did it all go?"