𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

Now, I still had time before Harley came over. But knowing Harley, she'll probably come earlier than she planned just to make me rush.

I shut the bathroom light off then went to my closet, grabbing a pair of heels. My phone started to ring as soon as I walked in the living room.

"Hello?" I spoke once I answered the phone.

"Hey! I hope you're ready," Harley said, happily.

"Yes, I'm ready," I chuckled. "I'm just putting on my shoes."

"I see you've figured out my routine."

"I've been knowing you for how many years now? I think I would've got it eventually."

I slipped on my left heel with a grunt then adjusted the strap before doing the same to the other. Harley was still rambling on the phone, something about drinks and getting fucked tonight.

I've gotten used to tuning her out when she began to ramble, unless it was about something important. She, of course, is far more outgoing than me but I have no problem stepping out of the box for a little.

It's just so much easier walking around in nothing but a robe, covering up the matching underwear sets I love with a glass of wine in my hand. It just makes living a whole lot more comforting in my book.

"I'm outside!" Harley yelled, while she continuously honked her horn outside.

I shook my head and stood up, smoothening my dress then walking out of my front door.

When I entered the car, Harley was fixing her makeup in the mirror before bringing her attention to me.

"As always, you look stunning," she said with a smile.

"Not as stunning as you," I retorted, putting on my seat belt.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road."

Harley adjusted her mirrors then backed out of my driveway before pulling off down the road. I fidgeted with my necklace while keeping my eyes out of the window.

With Harley speeding and me zoning out, it didn't feel like a long drive. It wasn't until we pulled in front of what looked like a mansion, that I knew we were here. There was a multitude of cars either parked in the driveway, the grass, or in front of the sidewalk.

Crowds of people stood outside the house, drinking, making out, or dancing to the music that came from inside. I unbuckled my seatbelt and looked around a bit more as Harley slowly drove into a parking spot.

"I invited Noah too, but I don't know if he'll come. So, we'll see," Harley spoke up, putting the car in park.

"So, who's the guy you're talking to?" I asked her.

"His name's Griffin. For the most part, he isn't an asshole-"

"Which is the bare minimum," I interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah. It's just a little fun," she smiled. "Oh! He also knows Mason."

"What?"

"Crazy, right? Turns out they're best friends."

When I looked back at Harley, she was fighting back a grin as she was checking over her makeup.

"You knew that already, didn't you?"

"Of course I did."

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, fixing my dress then raking my fingers through my hair. Harley looped her arm with mine and brought me inside. Luckily, it wasn't very crowded by the front door, so it wasn't a hassle for us.