Chapter 1

Don't let the darkness overwhelm you.

It's all started with a bad dream that left me traumatized and weak nearly every week,then some random dead animals mysteriously appearing around my surroundings having weird markings and incisions all over their bodies to waking up after the bad dreams with nose bleeds ,cuts and blue and black bruises littering my skin to finally seeing dark shadows everywhere all the time .

They were always watching and waiting. Waiting for something that I never quite figured

At first I thought that It was just hallucinations because of all the horror movies and scary stories I'd been watching and listening to but when the dark shadows began to manifest physically, touch and break things and even talk though in coarse and rough voices that's when it hit me.

None of this is normal. It was never supposed to be normal in the first place.

"Your days are numbered"

That's what the shadows would continuously say anytime I let my mind wander and so eventually those words got drilled inside my head.

My lifespan was already limited from the beginning and at times I'd just wonder what was the point of anything.

Maybe I should have just ended it before things began to progress. Maybe I should have sought for help from priests or sought for refuge earlier on in my life. Maybe that would have changed things.

Wishful thinking.

I already got past the fact that this would all go away although I used to love the naive me who thought that this was all a bad dream and when I'd wake up everything would be okay.

Fifteen years.

That's how long I've carried this burden and it's come to a point where I don't feel things anymore.

I don't know whether it's the fear ,the anger ,the devastation or the pain of rejection that caused this feeling of numbness to arise.

Of course it's was obvious that nobody in their right sense of mind would ever want their child to associate themselves with a 'troubled child' like me.

A child who hears voices and predicts countless numbers of tragic deaths and I shall emphasize on the tragic part which I would not want to go deep into.

Anyways that's not even the most scariest part. Trust me ,because now I look forward to it. My supposed last day.

However this current development annoys the shadows. They are supposedly upset because they don't scare me and I enjoy it.

They wanted me to suffer and live my days in fear and agony but the joke is on them

I love to taunt them and threaten them on how I'd love to have the power of bathing them in entertaining fire down there in hell .

I'm not insane , believe me ,I just have this urge of hurting these shadows and making them beg and plead

I want to torture them ,make them scream in never ending and extreme pain and drown them in their own blood.

Totally normal. I'm I right.

Cue in the evil laugh.

Now onto my current situation. Yeah. The car crash.

Let's just say that this chapter is where I finally die in the most tragic way, which is,by the way, burning inside an overturned bus

How did I get here? Well simple, It all started when I got into an argument with my mother,bless her kind soul.

She wanted to board the same bus as I but I having known the gruesome fate that awaited me,I couldn't bear it.

She had done so much for me. Her together with my father. Despite them not earning much and having a troubled daughter like me,they never ceased to love me.

They'd try their best to get me a good education,clothes on my back and pay countless number of hospital bills due to my unexplainable illnesses and injuries.

They also tried to 'cure me ' by looking for countless number of priests.

Never had they once given up on me .

They made me feel human and normal

I'll miss them

The smoke was getting thicker and I knew that what would follow next in a couple of minutes .

I would lie if I said that I didn't feel pain because hey,who wouldn't feel that when there skin was about to start melting off.

I guess this is how I died

"Solace! Solace can you hear me"

I could hear a distinct sound through the roaring of flames.

My phone

"Mom"

"Solace where are you? You should have arrived an hour ago"she nagged

I nearly laughed. Here I was nearly burning to death yet my mum was nagging that I was late

I'll miss her

"Hey mom"I rasped

"Why is there so much noise and screaming Solace? Are you in a club?"

Now how would a social outcast like me find herself inside a bar

"No?'

"Then where are you ,your father and I are worried sick"

"Well if it helps ,I'm somewhere extremely warm so I definitely won't catch a cold"I said all that in one breath trying to preserve the little air I had left

The smell of burnt flesh assaulted my poor nose.

Is that how it smells like in hell

"Solace"

"Could you do me a favor mum"I said feeling breathless and dizzy

"Solace?"

"Pray for me"

"Solace what's going on?"

She sounded scared . She knew

"I don't have much time. I'm about to leave"

"My baby"

She knew. She knew that my time had come

I could hear her sob.

"Come on mom. I really don't want to end up in hell"I joked

"I love you my baby"

"I'm eighteen"I whispered.

Her voice began to fade in the background and before everything went dark I heard

"Rest in peace"

Then the bus exploded

Author's note

Welcome to my new book. Don't forget to vote an comment.