Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

My face was blank.

I thought I'd have to fight someone or something like that. This was suspiciously easy. There had to have been a catch.

"What's the catch?" I asked, my eyes narrowing.

"Smart girl." She praised. "The only catch is a very simple one. All it is, is that me reentering your body may be a little painful, and each time you channel my energy for too long, you'll feel more tired and depleted than usual. That's it."

I wasn't stupid (at least I hoped not) and I knew that I'd have to have been a fool to reject the deal. After all, only an idiot would say no to something that sounded so delightful. So I pushed away my pride which would have definitely gotten in the way.

"I accept."

She smirked. My eyes widened as she raised a hand and one of my daggers flew into it. How?!

She cut her palm and reached towards the circle for my own. When she was stopped due to an invisible barrier made by the runes, I hesitantly gave my hand where she repeated the motion and shook my hand so both cuts pressed against one another and healed with the others blood within it.

An eternal promise to mark the deal that would undoubtedly leave a mark worthy of attention in the history of our races.

As my guard was down, she took the chance to pull me forward, getting me into the circle with her before her irises flooded with pure white and her hair began to float around her, creating almost a halo or lion mane around her.

I probably should've tensed but how was I meant to know she was going to attack me?? Right, she'd dulled my senses.

I was so fucking done with continuously being put through pain these past few weeks.

-

The first thing I noticed was the slight throbbing in my hand. Lifting it up, my eyes definitely twinkled as I noticed the faint red line. Where there once was a bracelet, now there was only a faint mark.

A smile appeared on my face.

That's not the best part, look at the daggers!

I recognised the voice as being Akira's, though it felt a little off putting to suddenly hear a random voice in my mind. However, it was definitely better than that distorted voice I hoped to never hear again.

I took both daggers from the floor after the initial panic of not finding them on my holsters had passed and took in their changed exterior.

As though it were a vine, a dark, shadowy trail wrapped around the hilt, circling a purple crystal that was undoubtedly the same that had summoned Akira in the first place.

The metal appeared shinier and seemed to have been dipped in powdered shadow crystal.

So... now what?

You're so silly! This is the part where you ask me how to use my powers or something else along those lines. Why do I have to do everything??

I cringed at her annoyance that I could unfortunately feel in my head.

"Then please enlighten me Akira, how do I use your powers?" I spoke to no one in particular, glad that I was in a cave that was rather difficult to come across, meaning no one would see me acting like an absolute weirdo.

It's simple really...

She taught me various new runes, telling me what each one did and how to order them to use a specific technique. She also warned ne that I should never try to use one of her various incantations if I wasn't fully confident as one tiny mistake- be it an incorrect pronunciation or even a change of pace- would make it backfire.

When I asked what would happen, she simply said 'don't screw up and you won't need to know'.

I sighed.

As tired as I was, I couldn't help but feel immenses gratitude at the missing bracelet. I cast spell after spell, finally able to tap into the large amount of mana I had.

The limit Merlin had placed on me barely scratched the surface of how much I truly had.

But still, I somehow managed to use enough that if I chanted one more rune, I'd pass out.

"Can you... somehow transfer...energy to me?" I gasped out. Days of exhaustion were catching up to me. Even my pride was urging me to ask the Darke for help. After all, if I was going to be giving her a body to use, she may as well keep me sustained with the energy I needed to stay on my feet.

What do I get in return? She countered.

"Revenge?"

I could almost feel her shrug her shoulders as suddenly, I was engulfed in a hazy, lavender outline and I immediately felt rejuvenated.

It didn't beat 72 hours of sleep, but would certainly make do until I could find a comfortable bed that I wouldn't want to leave for at least a week.

Now onto the next part of the plan. You need to find your demon.

-

A/N: this chapter was much shorter and honestly isn't the best BUT I HAVE A REASON. This chapter was meant to be going back to canon plot (with my own twist ofc) however I'm currently using data since my Wi-Fi's down and we're not getting it back till like Wednesday or smthn.

That means I couldn't watch the episodes to see what dialogue I should add and which I should change and whatnot so I didn't wanna butcher my original plan.

Literally after the whole deal being finalised, that was meant to be the end of my own plot but my small amount of remaining data said no <3.

Next chapter though.

Also sds doesn't really talk much about it's mana system or anything. They focus more on power levels and stuff so literally anything I say about mana is either me writing bs or I'm reusing Naruto chakra explanations and stuff.

Okay but I'm acc putting in an effort to post chapters regularly (despite being on holiday rn) pls be proud of me...now I sound like a desperate attention whore... sigh.

Ig it's whateverrrr.

Also I've been wondering do the italics show for all of you? Coz like...I only just found out that some of the fonts don't support italics so you might get confused between Ashe's thoughts and Akira's speech.

Anyways comment and vote to lmk what you guys thought... were almost getting to the big reveal (I still don't know what the big reveal is but I guess we'll find out together) I'm so excitedddd.

Question: after I rewrite and thoroughly edit this book, is there any other book you want me to write. Ik my writing style isn't the most ideal but I promise that's only coz it's a first draft😭😭

Like when I edit it I just know it's gonna be so much better so like... what do the people want.

It doesn't have to be sds and if it's an anime I haven't watched yet Idm watching it (just don't say one piece coz writing a fanfic would be so long I'm not even up to date yet)

I'm rambling again.

Jā na.