Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"That was risky. What if you summoned a different Darke instead?"

I turned back and had to blink a couple of times to make sure she was real as she sat there, laying on her side while her arm supported her, and the other had the same crystal that had been in the air a few moments ago, throwing and catching it in a fluid motion.

If she was dressed in jewels and silks- not that she needed them to enhance her appearance in any way- I could almost see the maid servant feeding her grapes as though she were royalty.

Beauty was a concept that I believed had been marred and twisted over time. As people gained wealth and fame, their supposed beauty would increase accordingly. That's what led me to believe that beauty- in human standards- was nothing more than a social scam.

However, as I searched for a word to describe the ethereal being before me, the only word I could settle on was 'beautiful'. But even that couldn't even begin to describe her appearance.

"Are you mute?" She probed, then shook her head. "Not possible; you wouldn't have been able to chant the necessary runes. Stupefied then?" She grinned.

My eyes took in her stark white hair that ran down her back, thick curls that added an almost ethereal touch to her appearance. Two curls had been pulled forward and framed her angular face: high cheekbones, a defined jaw, and fox like eyes in the palest shade possible of mint green.

If I was weak willed I'd be on the floor begging to be stepped on.

"Okay Ashe, you've looked your fill now you're going to make me blush." She teased, her raspy voice filled with humour.

I rolled my eyes. Back to business.

"You're in love with Meliodas." I stated.

She snorted, sitting up and crossing her legs. "Oh honey, I'm above falling for demons; don't disrespect me like that." She paused, "no offence."

"None taken." I took a seat, mirroring how she sat, only I was outside the rune circle.

"I only told you that I did so I could strike a deal with you. You understand don't you?"

I absentmindedly nodded, before looking away from her eyes that glowed purple and shaking my head. "No!" I blurted.

Some kind of compulsion maybe?

"Fancy isn't it? When you strike this deal with me, that's only a fraction of what you'll be able to do. It's known as Charming. You're able to use my eyes to make anyone believe what you want so long as there's some sort of attraction, connection or bond between you." I nodded again- this time out of my own free will.

"What do you mean I'll use your eyes?"

"Right, here's the deal. I want to get revenge on someone and you want to get revenge on someone. That's a shared goal. Already plenty of reason to accept. Another benefit, you want to 'rekindle' your flame with the demon boy toy, but the souls of my people are going to get in the way- that I can promise you. If you accept, as the main Darke soul in your body, I'd be able to keep them at bay and let you do whatever you want with blondie.

Another thing: who the hell wouldn't want to have a crazy powerful, beautiful, ancient being helping them fight and lending them their powers. And all I ask in return is that you allow me into your subconscious and let me continue to reside in your body like I have been this whole time."