[Mika] Chapter IV

Start from the beginning

With Mika's slim figure tightly pressed against yours, you felt the vibrations of his heartbeat echo and spread from the point of impact throughout your whole body.

Arashi giggled and let go of you, a smirk spread across her face. "Sure, surrrre..." – she rolled her eyes which mirrored amusement.

You and Mika looked in separate ways.

Jesus Christ Y/N STOP BLUSHING!

She turned towards the other members of Knights who were busy trying on their costumes while Izumi ran from one another insisting that he should do their makeup.

"Please Ritsu, let me do your makeup just this once. Pleaseeee...!" – Izumi pried, squeezing Ritsu's pale hands in his.

Ritsu looked down on him with a weary expression. "It's too early for this..." – he cried silently and turned away, whilst Izumi kept on repeating his request.

Arashi giggled and joined their conversation, explaining how Izumi wasn't half as bad, and then Ritsu complaining about Izumi being too rough when handling the brush, causing his eyes to hurt.

Mika walked towards the table and picked up a folder, quickly approaching you again. He pointed at one of the tasks.

"Did the Moony Cotton Candy stand arrive?" – he asked, rummaging through his pockets in search of something. "Do you have a pen?"

You took your emergency pen out your purse and handed it to him. "Yeah, they we're preparing the first batches of candy when we passed by them just now."

"Okay," – said Mika and scribbled something on the paper. "Wait," he stopped, looking blankly at you. "We passed by them?"

"Yeah, just on our way here."

He let out a helpless laugh. "Wow... Am I really that occupied?"

"More stressed than occupied it seems to me."

He looked aside for a moment, unresponsive.

Eh? Why does he suddenly look down? I hope I didn't say something wrong-

"Hey, Mika..." – you uttered slowly with a sweet voice, gently placing your palm on his shoulder.

But just as you were about to add something he looked straight at you, your eyes locking as he stared longingly.

You let out a whisper in surprise.

"I don't want to be preoccupied." – Mika caught your hands in his and spoke firmly. "I want to have enough time to be with you tonight."

Your lips slightly dropped open as Mika pulled you closer to him.

"No- In fact, I want to have more than enough time with you."

The desire to kiss him surfaced from within your heart, clashing with your logic.

Should I do it? Should I kiss him?!

All of a sudden, you heard hasty footprints closing in on you from behind. Mika let go of your hands almost instantly, his cheeks dyed in pink.

"Mika! Thank god I found you!" – a short girl, possibly a middle schooler came running towards the two of you. Her golden curls shone, illuminated by the setting sun's colorful kiss. Her gentle face had a worried expression.

"Hina, what's wrong?" – Mika questioned, his eyebrows furrowed in demand.

"The- the fireworks... huff... the- the guys delivering them said they were stuck in traffic. They said the streets were clogged on the way here." – the girl spoke breathlessly, reminding you of yourself two days ago when you hung out with Mika and Arashi.