𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 4

█▓▒▒░░░ THE SILENCER ░░░▒▒▓█

I laid on my bed, my blond hair forming a halo above my head

I laid on my bed, my blond hair forming a halo above my head. I had just finished telling Bose my story, and the room had gone quiet. Looking over, I noticed he had an expression of shock on his face.

He opened his mouth before closing it and reopening it. “She's my best friend.” I whispered before he could say anything. Tears welled in my eyes as I sat up and put my head in my hands.

“You're right. She is your best friend.” Bose nodded, seeming to be thinking hard. I sniffled and looked over at him, waiting.

His eyes met mine, and he smiled. “That's why it's going to be okay.”

My lip trembled before he pulled me into a hug.

“Alright, simmer down, everybody! Let's cut the chatter!" Ray announced as he walked in with a folder. I frowned and closed my book. None of us were talking.

Chapa lifted the black cowboy hat off of her face and wore it properly. 

"No one was talking." Mika trailed off as she looked up from the gun she had in her hands. Her hair was tightly curled and shorter than yesterday.

Bose nibbled the outside of a gummy burger, and he quickly twisted it every second.

"Yeah, man. No chatter to cut." Miles said from where he sat on his sister's desk. He was eating a hot dog – which I presume had come from the same pink box Bose had on his lap – and a white cup that he drank from.

"Oh. Well, I kinda had my heart set on telling you guys to cut the chatter so…" Ray said as he frowned in disappointment. "Can I come in again? And maybe hear some chatter."

"I didn't realize we were here to meet your needs." Miles said as he lifted his styrofoam cup to him. I then noticed that Ray had one just like Miles had in his hand.

"Well, guess what, you are." Ray sassed.

"Then we can do that." Miles nodded as Ray returned to the closet. Bose walked over to his desk and placed his box of food on it. I spinned around to face Chapa as everyone started talking. Our words jumbled together into loud nonsense as I smiled at her.

"I like the hat." She grinned in return and tipped it to me with a wink. "Well, thank you, Angel." I blushed and shifted in my seat. Chapa had a new level of confidence ever since she learned I thought she was pretty.