1. Dad's back.

Adjusting my tie, I stared myself at the mirror. Carefully looking for any unwanted crease on my suit. I couldn't afford that. Letting my hand pass firmly on the delicate fabric flatening it all up.

After I was contented with what I looked like I heard my doorknob twist slighty.

"Alexandra"
I heard my old man say.
I rolled my eyes as I faced him. He was also looking sharp with his dark blue tie. Having his hair brushed up. Being in mid 40's he looked young,But the creases in his forehead are already starting to look more defined.

"You know how that makes me uncomfortable dad"

I stared at him blankly.
A hint of annoyance spreading through my face,not wanting to hide it.

He chuckled slightly.

"I'm just messing with you kid. Come here and give your old man a hug"

I didn't hesitate and walked to him. Spreading my arms and hugged the life out of him.
Feeling comfortable warmness radiating onto me. Smiling because I was lucky. I had an accepting father. A funny one too.

"I actually missed you"

I admitted. Releasing myself from him.
He was gone for a month. Just to look for better fabrics that would match our taste.

"Did you find anything?"
I asked again. He was too busy laughing and grinning at me just because I missed him. What a jerk.

He cleared his throat and straightened up.

"Actually yes. The Philippines had very distinct taste for their craft. A rather exotic and native one. And the abbaca and Jusi fabric were absolutely fantastic. It was perfect."

I nodded motioning for him to continue.

"So I asked them to supply us some of their goods for a reasonable price. Which was very cheap of course. We would have a meeting again next month to finalize it.We could use those to accent our next line of garments. My trip wasn't a waste after all"
He stated. Smirking knowing he did great.

"Well that's great news dad. But you do know that we have a meeting at 3 pm right? We would be seeing what our designers had for us for our line this Feb"

I glanced at my watch and it was barely 11 am.
He scrunched his face. Trying to remember. And his face cleared up.

"Oh. Yes yes. I remember. But for now do you want to grab lunch? I am starving."

The sound of a growling stomach
made way to our ears. Laughing slightly, I nodded.
"Where to?"

He brighted up with a smile.
"Same as always of course"

We headed out.
Smiling to myself.

---

I could see cashiers annoyed by how many human beings were entering the food chain.

I was finishing up my chicken sandwich while my dad was onto his 2nd burger.

"Oh my. I missed this."

His voice was muffled due to the food inside his mouth.
But I couldn't agree more.

Some customers were giving us the looks because we were too formal to be eating here.
Who would be.
We were in suits.
And we were no James Bond.
But we adored the food in Burger King. We didn't care how we looked or how a fancy restaurant would've been more appropriate.

I heard stiffled giggles and I turned around squinting my eyes, confused.

"Hi"
The blonde said. She was alright. Maybe a bit too cheerful for my liking.

"Uhmm hey?"
I said. Confused myself. Not knowing why she acknowledged me.

"You're Alex Dela Cruz right? I didn't know you were so beautiful and handsome in person. Can I have a picture with you? If you don't mind."
She blabbered. She was obviously nervous. But I could see the hope in her eyes. I instantly knew why she recognized me. Maybe it's because of the billboards I were in. And the few interviews I've had. But I wasn't exactly a celeberity but I guess I was popular?

I stood up, flattered of course.
And stood beside her.

"Sure. A picture wouldn't hurt"

I flashed a smile to her phone. And she was contented.
"Thank you so much"
She noted. Smiling. And went off.

"Thank you too I guess"
I said to myself.
I sat down again and started to eat my unfinished sandwich while my dad started eyeing me.

"You really are something Alex. "