𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

I catch the keys and sprint up the stairs, busting into Mekhi's room, waving the keys around. "Giddy up, time to drive Miss Daisy."

He sucks his teeth and throws his book elsewhere. He then grabs his phone and slides his feet into some Coach slides that Saida left over here last weekend when she spent the night.

Every other weekend one of them was spending the night at the others house, which confused me since he never said they were officially back together. They acted like they were.

They would sleep in the same bed, sit in the bathroom while the other took a shower or used the bathroom—sometimes they would even shower together and Tee never said a thing. Saida would wear his clothes and shoes, he even cleaned out some space in his drawers and left stuff in there so that she wouldn't have to worry about always bringing everything when she came.

You would've thought they moved in with each other. It was sick.

"Sassy." I mumble, following behind him.

We made our way outside and to the car, both of us getting in. He started up the car as I connected my phone to the AUX cord and clicked on Ceiling Fan Crew by Nardo Wick.

"So.." I began to speak once we were about two minutes into the drive. "Are you and Saida like...having sex?"

"What?"

"I'm just asking. I told you when I lost my virginity and I mean, yeah, we aren't necessarily the closest, but you always told me that when you lost yours you would tell me."

"We made that pact in like middle school."

"And I still kept my promise." I got defensive. "You need to keep yours. That's just how it works."

"I don't understand why exactly it would matter. Whether I'm fucking Saida or not would that affect your daily life?"

"No. I still would like to know, just in case anything were to happen then I would be here. Pregnancy, an abortion, you know? I can talk to you about stuff like that if I know.."

"Well, I'm not. She's not ready."

"Oh.." I look down at my nails. "I mean, I just assumed since y'all are always around each other and literally take showers together and sleep over at each other's houses so much."

"Stop assuming." He pulled into the CVS. The drive was short due to it just being around the corner from our house but I really didn't want to walk alone.

"Are you coming in?" I ask once he parked the car. He just shakes his head, no verbal response.

I get out of the car and shut the door, walking up to the CVS door. I know exactly what I'm here for, so I decide not to stall and just go grab what I came for.

I walk to the aisle with the condoms and grab one box of ClearBlue tests. Staring at the box, my heart begins beating quicker than it's ever done before.

I was still dating Xavier as far as I knew. At least, I think so. He wouldn't tell people we were together at school, he claims it's because I have a name for myself. He doesn't want to be in a relationship with someone that multiple people can say they had access to.