[Shu] Chapter IV

You heard the door close and lock behind you, but you didn't pay it any mind as you were completely captivated by the greatness of the villa. You felt like some kind of celebrity about to join a casual party and hang out with others of the same social status, accompanied by an amazing and skilled man who would proudly walk hand under hand with you throughout the vicinity.

A soft touch on your upper hand redirected your attention to the man standing beside you. Shu laughed cutely when noticing your astounded expression. "Wait 'till we get inside."

He wasn't lying though.

The inside of the villa was even more luxurious than its outside. You walked in through the grand entrance into an exclusively decorated ballroom split on two floors. The larger part of the ballroom was on the ground floor and a bit smaller part of it was elevated around 10 meters above on the other side of the hall. Two pairs of gracious stairways connected the separated parts of the ballroom on both opposite sides, fenced with elegantly molded matt black bars.

The floor was made out of fine white marble, occasionally decorated with golden laces and gleaming under the intense lighting from the glorious crystal chandeliers. There were groups of fashionably dressed people scattered across the ballroom and formally dressed waiters gracefully pacing through the crowds while carrying platters with drinks.

In the walls left and right of the ballroom were two wide doorways connecting the rest of the mansion to it with hallways which lead further inside. The walls were also occasionally decorated with rare and valuable paintings which would surely fetch a high price if put up for auction.

Your glamorous heels now thumped next to Shu's formal black shoes matching with his tuxedo. You two walked hand under hand and smiled politely as a response to the multitude of curious stares.

Shu would occasionally stop and greet some of his acquaintances, introducing long and boring names which you would forget in a mere second after they've been pronounced. However, you stayed calm and on your best behavior for his sake, knowing how important this event was for him.

The waiters strolled around the groups offering you different kinds of cocktails while Shu would strike a conversation about materials and sewing techniques with every person he knew. You didn't really bother to do much – mostly stood next to him, sipped from your cocktail and infrequently nodded at something they would say.

You suddenly spotted a familiar face talking to a blonde-haired gentleman dressed in a navy-green tuxedo. Shu noticed that you were staring at something so he parted ways with the gentleman who he'd conversed with and lead towards the men.

"Hey Kiryuu," – Shu greeted him as you two approached them. The red-haired man turned around and you immediately recognized Kiryu's handsome features and his wild hair strands sticking in many directions.

"Oh, Itsuki. And Miss Producer." – he smiled gently while shaking hands with Shu. Then he shot a glance at you and whistled. "Damn, I wish I could've been this lucky when finding a partner."

You looked aside with a cute chuckle, as you felt your face burn. Kuro didn't pay much notice to your reaction and instead had already started a discussion with Shu. The other man apparently felt left out, because he swiftly withdrew and moved on to talk with other guests.

You could hear fragments of Kuro and Shu's conversation as your head swung left, right, up and down across the ballroom, examining every inch of it.

"How's your collection called?" – Shu suddenly asked Kuro. He ran his eyes around in search of his friend's partner who's supposedly wearing his best piece of creation.

Kuro unnoticingly pointed upwards at the elevated part of the ballroom. There, leaned on the black fence was a beautiful tall girl with long straight hair as black as the night. She wore a long chiffon dress which was lightly touching the ground and wavered with her every move, pointing out her perfectly proportioned curves.