🍀✨Caution!💵☕️

Caregiver: Byakuya Togami
Little: Makoto Naegi
hello!! this was requested by Piggy2021 :D thanks for leaving it! i hope you enjoy it <3 remember to take care everyone, and do something you love today!
————————————————————————

"Alright, Makoto," Byakuya glanced away from the pan that had been warming up on the stove, "I just need to go get an ingredient for the pancake batter and then I'll be right back. Okay?"

Makoto hummed, still pretty cheery from the idea of breakfast for dinner. And pancakes nonetheless— Especially ones that he and his caregiver got to make together! He was utterly excited to make them.

"'Kay," He said, "See you soon!"

Byakuya turned away from the stove, about to go get the ingredient he needed when he paused.

"Ah, Makoto. Don't touch the pan," He warned him, "It may not seem very hot right now, but I have a rather high quality stove. It heats up fairly quickly."

Makoto nodded.

"Won't touch it, promise!" He agreed, before a frown formed on his face, "But what if it gets really really hot and you're not back yet? Might cause a fire!"

Byakuya shook his head, an amused grin appearing on the corners of his lips.

"No worries— I won't be gone for that long. You'll be just fine," He told him, and Makoto let out a sigh of relief, as if assured by his words.

"Alright. Wait right here," Byakuya said, quick to turn and leave the room, leaving Makoto alone in the kitchen.

Makoto chewed on his lower lip, resting his head on the counter. Well... this was more boring than he had anticipated.

His gaze flickered over to the stove, and back over to the bowl that held the almost finished pancake batter.

...Makoto hadn't really got to touch the pan. All Byakuya had let him do was add ingredients into the pancake batter bowl and stir it around. He hadn't even got to go anywhere near the pan...

He knows he shouldn't. He knows Byakuya told him not to touch the stove and he only tells him not to do things when he's really concerned about his well-being and safety. But...

Maybe if Makoto could just properly use it— even for just a little— he could prove that it was alright for him to use the pan! He was going to be careful about it!

And so, with that, Makoto stood up out of his seat and went to go over to the pan, tentatively placing his hand on the handle and relaxing when he realized that wasn't hot.

He thought for a moment about how he could help. Well, he probably shouldn't be cooking without Byakuya here, so...

Maybe he could just check that the pan was hot enough? So that when Byakuya came back, they could just start cooking immediately since Makoto had already checked the temperature?

Yeah! He could do that! Just touch the inside of the pan and then take his hand away immediately so it wouldn't burn. That would be okay, right? It's not like it would hurt him if he takes his hand away really fast...

Makoto took his hand and hesitantly wavered it over the pan, feeling the heat radiate off of it as he slowly pressed his hand down on the bottom of the pan.

That, he realized, was a mistake.

He soon felt a burning sensation envelop onto his hand, and he was quick to pull it away, gasping at the sudden pain and wincing at the stinging feeling that lingered.