(Request) Being Leader Isn't Always Easy

Request: If it's okay, I'd like to see a one-shot our something with Reg or RHM please?

Now this is my first one-shot that I wrote for the fandom so bear with me if it's not too good here. As well, I'm taking my own interpretation of the characters so it may be a little 'ooc' for some.

Tw/Tags: Pre-Infiltrating The Airship, Mild Angst, Minor/Unspecified Health Issues, Background Relationships/Character(s), & No Dialogue

***

Softly sighing, Reginald found himself wide awake at an ungodly hour in the night with the crisp cold air breeze past his slightly flushed face, knowing better he's likely to struggle in the morning, not one to be an early riser. His right hand man, his best friend, now a doting partner than anything else wouldn't precisely enjoy seeing him look like death warmed over yet the leader in question can’t find it in him to sleep just yet. Exhaustion crept past the cracks, his body desperately crying out to return back inside where warmth resided now when outside it instead attempting to cling onto any remaining warmth given, cold nipping at his reddening face, his body shaking with the tremors. Despite the unfortunate chills traveling down his spine he remained outside standing out on the attached deck staying safely behind, leaning against the very sturdy metal railing. Light purple eyes soon turned its attention up at the midnight sky above, seeing familiar stars displaying unique constellations that for each one he could almost easily name them without much issue. 

Soon it became a comforting distraction for the tired man, his blank, almost depressed expression turned into a more pleasant look. The reason behind why he was here in the first place slowly slipped away from his mind, able to enjoy the rare moment given from such a simple activity. Left to remember an easier time he's finally able to manage the sickening, anxious feeling bubbling in his stomach to something at least more bearable. As the troublesome thoughts once were close to consuming him, the whole issue disappeared from mind. Maybe it was the naturally laid back atmosphere but he was starting to relax after hours, days constantly on his feet stressing with the clan's success on his shoulders, gaze unfocused as he laid his head weighing like it was filled with sand on the palm of his gloved hand close to drifting off. 

Suddenly in an instant he's shaken back to alertness alongside the airship yet not as worse and he is in a frenzied panic then peak curiosity itself when looking down past the railing carelessly knowing it was dangerous to do so. Quickly wiping away the crust from his drooping eyes in a weak attempt to stay awake there to his bashful embarrassment there was nothing for him to worry, noting it was the large oak trees scraping the ship's bottom. Now noticing how they were still flying above the thickly settled forest borders stretching out for many miles into the unseeable distance he involuntarily relaxed with a disgruntled groan. With all the time in the world to do what he enjoys he couldn't find it in him now. Returning back to his feet on stable ground, shakily letting out a stifled breath he's been holding in the internal worries was arriving at full force like an uninvited guest. 

If anyone saw what he looked like now with gelled hair left askew, messy clothes hanging off his body off that disheveled, unwell look to him they would think he was a plainly put a horrible leader not fit enough to rule. Before in the beginning he would've ignored the uneasy flutter plaguing his every waking second until this moment he couldn't do it. Once hearing the tales with nonchalance about the previous leader's painful incompetence years prior there was so much he needed to prove his worthiness. As much as he did pour out his energy, determination for the clan, giving them the magnificent airship itself, obtaining the most rarest, prized possessions in the world during their heists, and then out of this world luxuries they dish out to their members he knew likely it was to come to an end sooner or later if he didn't think on a cleverly smart approach. The Government, their worst enemy for decades, was hot on their tail, succeeding in ways the Toppats were understandably crumbling under the immense pressure. 

Hushed whispers on the base from their best spies around were describing that their enemy had something they didn't have themselves that could take them down with scary ease. No surprise was to be given Reginald was scared shitless on the prospect that at any day everything he worked so hard for was going to fall apart by the seams. Then he was surely going to be labeled the worst leader ever to exist in the clan especially in blatant comparison to another, the previous who shan't be dared named unless he believes it for the unforeseen truth. However, having at least the better knowledge in the situation, quick on his feet, loyal to a fault so instead of succumbing to the fear as a spineless coward he was a leader. A determined, stubborn old man, maybe even a little pompous at best that went through so much hell already to be where he is with the scars, physically and psychologically to prove to any questioning soul he wasn't going to back down from a fight. 

Who he was is Reginald Copperbottom, the best leader the Toppat clan has ever seen in a long while, the only one to bring them back to their original glory days once more showing whoever thinks otherwise wrong.