Chapter nine: The Lonely

Carl's POV

I don’t know why everyone sits in traffic. I mean what’s the use? Sitting there waiting is so boring. You can get to places faster if you don’t sit there waiting for the light to change. So I don’t. When I’m driving, I drive fast, smooth, and invisible. That’s right, I drive invisible. Your probably thinking, but how do you do that? Are you a motorcycle that can weave between cars? Do you have an invisibility cloak like in Harry Potter? Well let me assure you, that it isn’t any of those things. To tell you the truth, I actually go around in a van, and that is far from being a small motorcycle. So how do I do it? Now that’s a good question. Right now I’m in the middle of traffic sitting here and tired of waiting for the light to turn. I sighed and opened a little plastic cover, inside, there was a red button. I smiled as I pressed the red button. Everything around me stayed the same. I pulled forward, and went right through the car in front of me. I started forward with a start and headed towards my destination.  

Now where are you going? Your probably asking. To tell you the truth I really don’t know. My car just takes me where ever it wants to go when it’s in this mode. I sat back and closed my eyes,  as the land around me passing in a blur of colors. I opened the CD player and popped in a CD of piano music. I fell asleep right there.

I woke up to the sound of the car parking and becoming matter again. I yawned and stretched. I looked around and saw that I was parked at an Olive Garden. Well looks like my car thinks I’m hungry. The smell of bread sticks drifted in the air. Just then my tummy growled. Wow, this car really knows where to go. I looked in the glove box and found once again money that I find there every time I need it. I took out the ten dollars and headed inside. A waiter stood patiently waiting for me. She smiled a big warm smile, and took me to a seat. I thanked her as she hurried off. Well I already know what I’m going to order, so let me introduce myself. My name is Carl. I’m barely 17, and go where ever my car takes me. I’m like a one man show, and have been ever sense I can remember.

I smiled as the waiter came back with a notepad. “What can I get you today? She asked

“Just the lasagna and root beer please.” I replied.

“Okay, let me get that started for you” She said with a smile and left heading towards the kitchen.

After 20 minutes she came back with hot food, and the drink. I thanked her, and started to eat.

Soon she came back with a receipt, I payed her the 10 bucks, and told her to keep the change. I headed out the door, and back into the car. Then pressed the red button once more to go to some unknown destination.