Chapter Eight: What's mine is yours

Chapter Eight: What’s mine is yours

Ben's POV

When I got home from the dance, I was slightly disappointed to find that Ashley and Amelia weren’t in the kitchen eating, or that there wasn’t any lights on. I went upstairs and got changed into some PJ’s. Just as I was slipping my shirt over my head, there was a knock at the door. Wondering who in the world would come at this time of night. I rushed down stairs and found Ashley and Amelia standing there in the rain. Both of them pretty miserable.

“Hi” I said

“Hi” said Ashley

“How can I help you?” I asked

“Do you have an extra bed? Me and Amelia can share.” Ashley said

“Oh, of course! I have two extra beds” I said

“Awesome!” Ashley and Amelia said at the same time

They both stepped in and shook off the extra water. I grabbed some towels from the upstairs closet, and handed them the towels to them. They thanked me and dried off. I told them to go upstairs and look for their names. All the clothes and everything you should need, is in those rooms. They both looked surprised at my instructions, but went upstairs anyway. I smiled when I heard them exclaim. They went into their rooms and about an hour later, they came down in dry clothes, and i smiled at them. I admit they looked pretty nice.

“Well you two fixed up real nice” I said

“Thank you” Ashley said with a tint of red in her checks.

Amelia turned red.

I smiled and lead them into the kitchen.

“You guys must be hungry” I said

They both nodded their heads.

I pulled out some bread, jam, and peanut butter. I was planning on getting the easiest food done for them so they can eat soon. I made up a few sandwiches. Then handed them to them.

“Thank you so much!” Ashley said.

“No problem” I said. I kinda had wished I could have given them something more, but hoped they enjoyed the food anyway.

They finished the sandwiches, and headed upstairs.

I turned off the lights and head off to bed also.

Once in bed I thought about how the names had mysteriously arrived, and wondered what could have caused them to appear so randomly. As I pondered this I fell asleep.