Chapter 29~ Gaara and Suzume VS Kimimaro!

Start from the beginning

   "Good eye," I made a hand sign, and I chased him with the wind like Gaara did. He kept dodging it, as expected. The only attack that hit him was when I snared his ankles while he was dodging another attack.

   "You're not making any progress, Suzume," Gaara muttered, letting the sand out of his gourd again.

   "Oh, well I have a plan," I said with a smirk. Instead of my wind going into my container, I made it dissolve into the air around us. Gaara started to chase Kimimaro again, extending his range by grinding up the ground beneath us, making new sand. Obviously, Kimimaro didn't realize that.

   "Gaara of the Sand. What a foolish nickname. You're nothing without that sand of yours!" He said. "Why else would you through the trouble of lugging it around?!"

   "Sand shower," Gaara said, making it rain sand on Kimimaro. While the latter was distracted, Gaara wrapped sand around Kimimaro's ankles. "The only fool here is you. If I need more sand I could easily use the earth we're standing on to make more." Lee looked at Gaara in awe. He didn't know? The sand now completely covered Kimimaro.

   "You did it!" Lee cheered.

   "Almost," Gaara said. "Sand burial!" He commanded, and the sand crushed Kimimaro. Gaara paused. "When I look at this guy, it reminds me of him."

   :"Huh?" Lee asked.

   "The Uchiha. His eyes. Sasuke had the same eyes this guy does."

   Suddenly, Kimimaro burst through the sand. Black lines criscrossed on his skin. "That sure was a lot of pressure," He said. Blood spattered the sand. "If I hadn't grown a membrane of bone beneath my skin, I would've been crushed beyond recognition."

   "More bones..." I said.

   "He's a freak, a monster," Gaara added.

   "Well, he certainly is a nuisance," Lee declared, a fist raised.

   "I underestimated you," Kimimaro said to Gaara. "That's the last time I'll get caught in your sand." He completely ignored me! NOT cool!

   "I'm finishing him off," I said, taking a step forward.

   "Fine."

   I looked at Kimimaro. "From the moment you saw my wind, you were already in my trap!" I heard Lee gasp from behind me, as the wind that dissolved earlier became green with my chakra again. Making a hand sign, some of my wind that was swirling around my feet the whole time flew upwards and covered my arms. The air by Kimimaro made the shape of my hands. I sent him flying backwards with a shove of my hands. The bones that were sticking out retracted.

   "Is that all?" Kimimaro said. Using even more chakra, I made the copies of my hands bigger. I grabbed Kimimaro and slammed him against the ground. Unfortunately for me, he used his bones to absorb the impact, standing up immediately. I could tell by the look on his face it hurt, but he's far from done. He launched a few bones at me, but the copies of my hand blocked it.

   "I'm not getting anywhere with you, am I?" I said.

   "Any form of taijutsu will be useless!" Lee warned. Tell me something I don't know. You think I'm an idiot? "You'll have to stick to ninjutsu or genjutsu!"

   "Okay, okay I get it!" I made a hand sign, and Gaara recognized it immediately, making earplugs for him and Lee out of hardened sand. Yeah, I'm trying the genjutsu.

   My wind soared into the air, spiraling so fast, you could hear the earsplitting noise again. Kimimaro fell to the ground. I took the green tornado created by the high speed wind, and brought it down to the ground. It took a ton of chakra to keep that thing away from me. Note to self, try new jutsu BEFORE a fight.

   Gaara, some sand, pretty please?

   Alright.

Rock Lee's POV

   I've never seen anything like this! Suzume brought Kimimaro to his knees with the genjutsu! 

   Gaara glanced at Suzume, then nodded, emptying all the sand out of his gourd. All the twins needed to do was LOOK at each other, and they knew what the plan was! Or was something else going on...

   The sand mixed with the tornado, and ripped through the grass, knocking Kimimaro back into a tree. This tornado wasn't like any other I've ever seen! Yes, it was very small, for a tornado, around 25 feet tall, but It didn't feel like normal chakra. It was green!

   I remember something Neji told me. Something happened while I was in the hospital.

Flashback- Rock Lee's POV

   I was in the hospital, and the doctors had me on an IV with a sedative to dull the pain and  help me sleep. One night, Neji came into my room, and started talking to me, thinking I was aslep. I was actually on the sleeping drug, and was unable to respond. I was too tired to speak, but I was still listening.

   "After what happened today, I'm worried about my fight with Naruto," He paused, probably waiting for me to respond. I shifted my position a little, so he knew I was listening. "I lost to someone today. One of Fumiko's friends."  I heard him take a deep breath. "I recognized her from the chunin exams. She was from the Sand Village. When I used my byakugan, I saw her chakra was..." Neji searched for words. "...Different. It wasn't normally colored, and it didn't seem like normal chakra."

   A nurse came into the room to change my IV bag. After around 30 seconds, she left the room.

   "She said she was a jinchuriki," He continued. I decided to challenge her. She blocked my eight trigrams sixty four palms. I managed to land a few hits on her, but I could tell by the look of her she wasn't exerting herself. Just..." I heard Neji grit his teeth. "I don't want to lose to Naruto! He's a jinchuriki! If he's as powerful as that, it'll be difficult for me to..." He stopped talking, and after a few seconds, he let out a sigh, then left the room.

   I was utterly confused. Of course, everyone knows about how Naruto is the Nine Tails jinchuriki. Everyone had a feeling Neji woud win against Naruto, why would he be so nervous? 

* * *

(Back to reality XD ) Lee's POV

   It all makes sense now! Sand Village, chunin exams, green chakra! Suzume defeated Neji!

   I saw Suzume trust her hand up into the air, and the tornado concentrated itself into a stream of air, that flowed into a tube secured on her left leg. The sand that was in the tornado rained ontop of Kimimaro.

   Suzume caught her breath. "Gaara, you know what to do."

   Making quick hand signs, Gaara summoned a huge wave of sand, towering above Kimimaro. When it crashed down, all of the ground in front of us was covered in sand. Amazing! To think he could change the terrain itself! He's much stronger than when we fought a month ago.

Suzume's POV

   That took a LOT more chakra than expected.

   "You did it!" Lee exclaimed.

   "Not yet," Gaara stated. "Giant sand burial!" He yelled, his hands pressed against the groound. The sand rippled with massive force. Lee started tripping over himself. Once Gaaras jutsu was done, he gave a confused look forward. "Why won't he give up?"

   A tail emerged from the sand, thrashing on the ground.

   What is that???

* * *

Sorry I took so long to update! :P Hope you liked it anyway! :D

   ~the doodle addict~