Chapter 15~ Ramen With Fumiko

Suzume's POV

My eyes fluttered open, bringing me from a deep sleep back to reality. What just happened? I could tell from the light coming from the window it's morning, but how did I end up back here?

I shakily sat up.

"Don't push yourself," A voice said to me. I turned to see Kankuro leaning against the wall. "You've been out for three days."

My eyes widened. "Three days?" He nodded.

Gaara walked into the room and glared at Kankuro.

"Get lost," He growled. Kankuro nodded worriedly, and hurried out the room.

"So you're finally up," Gaara said in his monotone voice.

"What happened?" I asked. I feel like a drunk person who doesn't remember the events of the night before.

He closed the door and spoke quietly. "After you tried to kill me with a tornado, I put you to sleep, and brought you here. It turns out you used all of your chakra, and had to rely on the chakra of your half of Shukaku to live. It took you this long to regain enough strength to keep conscious."

I felt strange. I tried to kill my brother?

"It turns out that when your chakra runs out, mine does too, so I have been resting most of the time. I couldn't sleep of course." He said. "I wonder how you can."

I suddenly felt dizzy, and slumped back onto the bed. I groaned, sore and exhausted.

"You're lucky I put you to sleep. If not, who know what would've happened."

"Thanks," I said quietly.

* * *

I ended up spending the day in bed. I tried to get myself some ramen, but I almost fell, so Temari ended up making some for Gaara and I. Speaking of Gaara, He ended up staying in bed all day too, which isn't like him.

The next morning, to my surprise, I was able to walk around with ease, so I was going to start training again.

There was a knock at the door. It was Fumiko.

"Hi!" She said.

"Hey," I replied.

"Hikari told me where you were staying so I decided to come say hi. Want to go get some ramen or something?" She asked. I nodded, and told her to wait a second.

I ran and grabbed my shoes, slipping them on.

"I'm heading out!" I called out to whoever was there.

"Don't kill anyone," Kankuro joked.

I opened to door again, to find Fumiko waiting patiently by the entrance.

"Alright! Let's go," I declared, and she led us into a ramen shop called Ichiraku's. we sat next to each other, and ordered ramen.

"How do you like Konoha?" Fumiko asked, as the ramen was placed on the table in front of us.

I laughed. "Interesting. So far I've almost been killed and fell into a lake."

She gave me a questioned look. "What do you mean?"

I grinned. "Long story short, I was almost killed when I was up in a tree and Hikari threw a kunai at me, making me fall into the water."

"Oh!" She started laughing. "Yeah, Hikari can be like that."

"Yeah I kinda guessed," I said, before having some ramen. It was pretty good!

We both ate our ramen, then sat there, cracking jokes, and telling funny stories.

When we left Ichiraku's, It was almost dark out. We left in the late afternoon, so it made sense.

"Bye! I'll see you some other time!" Fumiko called out.

"Bye!" I responded, walking up towards my house.

A familiar voice broke the silence of the night.

"It takes you that long to get ramen?"

I sighed. Gaara.

"Well you don't have to be so protective!"

He flashed me a look. "It's who I am," He stated, before pausing. I better go inside. It looks like it's going to rain."

I looked, noticing the blue-black sky wasn't dotted with stars, but dark clouds drifted about.

"Yeah, that would me a good idea," I said quietly.

A raindrop fell and hit my nose, making me go inside. I don't like rain.

As I entered inside, I felt the warmth of the indoors. The rain wasn't necessarily a warm rain, so it felt good to be inside. Temari was polishing her massive fan, Kankuro was in his room fixing Crow from the sound of it, and I heard a thump as Gaara climbed through the window. The sand that acted as an umbrella above him returned to his gourd. If there is anything Gaara hates, it's getting wet. Sand gets heavier when it's wet, making him heavier and making his sand need much more chakra to control.

I walked into my room and fixed my hair in the mirror. I like the color. I think the red suits me. People say it's a weird color, but hey, at least I don't have pink hair like Sakura!

Yawning, I realized how late it actually was. Stretching, I yawned again, and made my way to my room, and I closed the door, and changed into a pair of gray sweatpants and a red shirt. I opened the door the go and brush my teeth, before I heard Gaara's voice coming from his room.

"Don't think you can get slack just because of what happened," He said. "We are going to train again tomorrow."

I nodded. "Sure."

After I brushed my teeth and tied back my long hair (down to my shoulder blades), I made myself comfortable in my bed, and drifted off into a deep, peaceful sleep.

* * *

Hi! Chapter 15 already! I remember making the prologue XD

I hope you liked it! :)

~the doodle addict~