1 - The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"He isn't," The girl says, standing up. "Come on Sev, we'll go find another compartment to sit in."

Severus stands up and the pair exit the compartment.

Well, that was... interesting.

"So, what house do you think you guys will be in?" James asks, breaking the awkward silence that filled the compartment.

"Well our entre family has been in Slytherin," Sirius answers. "So we probably will be too too."

"Well, maybe you'll be the first to break tradition." James shrugs. "Besides, I said Slytherin's are evil and you two definitely don't seem evil."

"Thanks," I say. "I think."

We began talking about something else, when there was another knock on the compartment door.

"Umm, would you mind if I sit here?" A boy asks. "The compartment I was in was quite full."

He was tall with sandy-brown hair and deep, greenish blue eyes. Though the most interesting thing about him was the scars covering his face.

"We don't mind." James says cheerfully.

The boy mutters a small thank you before sitting down beside me.
He begins looking through his bag, and after a couple seconds of searching he pulls out a book.

"So, what's your name?" Sirius asks the boy.

He looks up from his book, seeming to be surprised that someone wants to talk to him.

"I-I'm Remus Lupin."

"Its nice to meet you," I say kindly. "I'm Y/n."

James and Sirius introduce themselves and the four of us talk for a bit. Remus seemed shy but nice.

We talk for the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts, avoiding bring up the topic of houses again. Eventually, a lady with a trolley comes round and we get some sweets to eat.

I was gazing out the window as James and Sirius spoke about Quidditch, Remus had returned his attention to his book. I begin daydreaming about Hogwarts.

Eventually the train comes to a stop and I'm so happy to be getting off. It feels like we were on that train forever.

We get off and there is some really large guy with a lantern shouting for the first years to follow him. The four of us stick together and join the rest of the first years. We follow him to a dock and climb aboard boats. James, Remus, Sirius and I get on a boat. The boats begin to move and everyone is staring at the castle in awe and I would be too if I wasn't anxiously holding onto Sirius arm in fear of falling in the lake.

"Y/n, you wont fall." Sirius laughs.

"I might," I argue.

Sirius, being the pain in the ass he is, decided it is a hilarious idea to push me slightly so that I fall but not enough that I end up in the lake.

"I will kill you if you do that again," I say and slap Sirius on the arm. He only begins laughing even more.

We eventually reach the other side of the lake. I gladly get off the boat. I'm not really that confident of a swimmer and was pretty scared that I was going to fall in. Luckily I didn't end up as squid food.

We reach the entrance steps and there is a stern looking woman standing there, probably waiting for us to arrive.

"Here you go professor," The large man says to the woman. She nodded and thanked him, then he waked through a door where quite a lot of talking was coming from.